The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by kerch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Thats the programme BB.There's been several more shown here which I have n't watch,diffent countries.Does showview mean you can watch it in England?

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:02 am

That number looks like a shortcode similar to those that used to be used here for programming some of the up-market VHS recorders years ago. They used to appear alongside listings in the newspapers.

As far as viewing in the UK is concerned, I'm not sure. There was a place on the website that showed the French channels and listings with a link to take you to some sort of player to watch 'live' programs but nothing happened with the player. Then I noticed a setting that let you use 'Flash' which I tried and at first thought it was going to work but didn't. I didn't spend too much time looking into it but it seemed as though maybe you have to register to use it. Obviously the program you referred to had finished as it was the next one after I tried that was being broadcast.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:06 pm

It might turn up one day.it was worth watching.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Just watched "My Congo" in the BBC's Natural World series. Quote from TV Guide: “This superb documentary is a very personal project by Congo-born wildlife cameraman Vlanet Djenguet. His country is not Africa’s ‘dark heart’, but a vibrant, happy place of diverse landscapes, where Vlanet captures stunning footage of Congo’s wildlife - including elephants and gorillas - and its people.
Highly recommended.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Trigger wrote:Just watched "My Congo" in the BBC's Natural World series.
Watched that programme the other evening Trigger and I thought it was very good, certainly well worth watching. Had to smile at the elephant with the split in his trunk :)
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Another excellent Last Night of the Proms on BBC tonight.

It was good to see the Welsh 'Proms in the Park' tonight was in Colwyn Bay's 'Parc Eirias', a place I have been in numerous times as I have spent many holidays in Colwyn Bay over the years, last time in 2002, as did my mother many years ago. It was also a favourite place of my wife's family as well, even before I met her.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Have just watched Part 3 (having seen the previous two) of “All Together Now: The Great Orchestra Challenge” which is "a nation-wide search for the orchestra that best captures the spirit of great British amateur music-making in the UK".
The orchestras were whittled down to the final four (think its 4!) and they then play their “test piece” for the judge - conductor Paul Daniel. He then has the unenviable task of telling one group that they will not be going forward to the next stage. The orchestras have had to play a Symphonic piece, an operatic piece - with the singer, and finally concerto. I tried to pick out the one who would not be going forward - but failed each time! :roll: The final is on BBC2 tomorrow evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... -challenge
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 am

Last night's Antiques Roadshow had two interesting items - someone brought in a Silver Medal that his Great-Grandfather had won at the 1906 Intercalated Games held in Greece.
The other item was a set of four buttons - watch this clip about them from the programme - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04836vy

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:42 am

I really enjoyed Sunday’s “Countryfile” (now on iPlayer) - especially the item on the trials of the culling of Grey Squirrels. Apparently they can do up £10m damage to our woodlands every year.
The 10 Gloucester Old Spot piglets being transported to a new enclosure - by wheelbarrow! :D
Plus the feature on the 2017 Countryfile Calender - with a superb cover photo - which took First Prize.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:17 am

This new series will be shown later this month:

“Some of the world's most beautiful animals are captured on camera in new episodes of Sir David Attenborough iconic Planet Earth series”

These are the beautiful animals soon to be on our screens as Sir David Attenborough's Planet Earth returns this month.
A decade after the first Planet Earth series was filmed, Sir Attenborough, widely regarded as a national treasure, will be back to narrate the lives and time of some of the world's most incredible animals.
This series includes a snow leopard captured by a remote camera high on a ridge in Hemis National Park in Ladakh, India, reports the Sunday Express.

When the first series of Planet Earth was made, it was the most expensive documentary ever broadcast, costing £20million and taking five years to put together.
The new series, which begins later this month on BBC One, will have six episodes, each an hour long. Each week will deal with life in a different environment, from mountains, to islands to jungles.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eries.html

And here’s a 1-minute trailer for the programme:

PS: Quote from article on the BBC Media webpage:
“Shot in UHD, the epic scale of this series is second to none. Using the latest camera stabilisation, remote recording and aerial drone technology, we take the audience closer to nature and allow you to experience the wilderness as if you were there. Combining dramatic animal behaviour and incredible wildlife spectacle, Planet Earth II promises to give you the most immersive wildlife documentary experience to date.”
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest ... -earth-two

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Three programmes I have been following all finished in the last couple of weeks. One was Ripper Street a violent detective drama set in Victorian London, quite gory at times but I liked the settings which were dark and dismal but just how I imagine London was in them days and there were some very quirky characters also in the programme.

Beck the Scandinavian detective programme finished which possibly could be the last ever series as the lead character is getting rather old to play the part of the chief detective, in my opinion that is (I thought David Jason got a bit old to play Frost in the last series of that programme). Loved the programme, the sub-titles were no problem and the storylines were always good although I did notice in the last few programmes they were killing off regular characters, which made good TV but over stretched the reality a bit I think.

DCI Banks also finished this week but I hope it comes back as I did enjoy this series. Once again, good acting and a good strong storyline. My one gripe with the series was it was made up of three individual stories over six one hour programmes. Think it would have been better to have a three part series with each programme being on for two hours as this series is on ITV and with advertising I don't think an hour is long enough. But a good programme nevertheless and it was a good one to record and then watch, get to see the whole story and miss the adverts :)

With them programmes all finishing maybe I can catch up with a bit more reading...and looking at my TV choices it will probably be crime fiction :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:22 pm

I agree with you about the DCI Banks series, Mel. At one time the so-called 2-hour episodes, (although only really about 1 hr 40 minutes of program) were always shown as one episode but now they seem to split them over two weeks which I also find annoying. If you are watching several different series of similar programs during the week you have numerous storylines to have to remember for the following week. I much preferred them shown complete. The same happened with Lewis in the later series. I am wondering if the storylines are such that they aren't able to show them before the 9-pm watershed and so decided that rather than run them until 11-pm they would split them. I find that certain types of programs, such as what can be fairly complex crime dramas, don't lend themselves to splitting up. Imagine going to the cinema to watch a 2-hour movie in two separate installments a week apart. :D

I have watched the first episode of Beck but have the remainder recorded still waiting to be watched. We obviiously have similar tastes in reading as well, Mel. I'm currently reading the second book in a crime series set in the islands of the Stockholm archipelago by an auther called Viveca Sten. I came across her when she was featured in one of the Great Canal Journeys programs with Timothy West and Prunella Scales when they crossed Sweden from east to west. Just discovered that they have been made into a TV Series so maybe they will arrive on our shores at some time in the future. The Sandhamn Murders

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:23 pm

If you have read the following news story I posted earlier today about dirty crates being used for delivering online orders by Asda, then you might want to view the BBC Watchdog program which contains the full report (if you didn't watch it 'live').

This should be available on the iPlayer soon after the program ends at 9-pm tonight and is quite an eye-opener. :shock:

http://mylowestoft.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 425#p55416

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:43 am

Disappointed last night with Artic Live (BBC2 20.00) was expecting a programme featuring live pictures of polar bears and their environment and all we got was an hour of pre-recorded footage and a lecture on global warming. Global warming is an important subject but I thought I was going to be entertained not lectured to by miserable faced presenters. Leave the serious stuff to 'Newsnight' or 'Panorama' etc. where we know what to expect from the BBC.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Anyone watching Missing My that a complex story took me a bit to work out who's who and who did what but got me hooked
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

I have them all downloaded FC but haven't got round to watching any yet. I remember watching the first series.