The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to May 8th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 16th May 2024 at 5:18pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by Mel » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Mel wrote:The two crooked car mechanics Nicky and Bimse are still my favourite characters as dishonest as they are; hopefully I am wrong but I still can't see them making old bones!
Well they both managed to get to the end of the series of 'Follow The Money' which finished tonight not only healthy and hearty but with quite a few quid in their pockets too, much to mine and my wife's relief. Not that we condone law breaking but they were likable rogues.

As to the series, not one of my favourites from Scandinavia but it has been an enjoyable two hours on a Saturday night in front of the box with my feet up. The ending I think was quite realistic, it showed the supposedly respectable rich businessmen who know people in high places getting away with a massive fraud whilst their underlings all take the rap. Although saying that they all knew what they were getting into so they got what was coming to them. So the upper class got away with it and the working class got away with it (Nicky and Bimse) it was just the middle class that took a hammering :lol:
My Flickr pictures look here

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 pm

I've bought the complete Inspector Morse box set.I'd never seen any of the series, left England before it started .I've also got the Endeavour DVD's Enjoyed them more than the older Morse.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:19 pm

I have those also, kerch - the original Morse - as I never saw them all when they were first shown. Other complete crime series I have accumulated are 'A Touch of Frost' (Davis Jason) 'Prime Suspect' (Helen Mirren) and 'The Inspector Lynley Mysteries' (Nathaniel Parker). The latter two were bought as complete sets but the Frost one I bought over the years as they were released as there were 14/15 series.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:12 am

I watched the extra's and the American producer said that they were popular there because they have no car chases ,shoot outs etc and for the setting.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Glad to see just now from a BBC forthcoming programs 'advert' that a new series of 'Wallander' with Kenneth Branagh seem to coming in the near future. :D

A quick look on IMDB indicates that it starts on 8th May but only three programs unfortunately. Interesting to note on the story line for 'The White Lioness' story in the image below (courtesy IMDB.com) that Wallander travels to South Africa whereas in the book of the same name that doesn't happen. 'Poetic licence' I think it's called. :D
'A Lesson in Love' wasn't one of the books by Henning Mankell so I guess like many other TV series, it is just 'based on the characters created by....'. 'The Troubled Man' was the last book chronologically in the series written by the late author.
Attachments
Wallander.JPG
Wallander.JPG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 71 times

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Further to the above post, unfortunately the Wallander series WON'T be airing in the UK from the 8th May as seemed to be the case, although it is possible (tongue-in-cheek) that it will commence sometime during May. It would seem that the dates referred to in the above IMDB image relates to the USA. It is also interesting that I discovered that these three programs have already been shown in Germany (last Christmas) & Poland, and possibly elsewhere, yet these are programs which are made by the BBC (or with their backing) and we who pay their licence fee seem to be the last ones to see them.
Hardly seems fair on the UK viewers. Image

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 08, 2016 7:59 pm

I have just enjoyed the program on BBC1 this evening - a tribute to Sir David Attenborough on his 90th Birthday, and he certainly doesn't look 90.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon May 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Hope that is released on D.V.D.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 pm

The new series of 'Wallander' is finally starting on BBC1 at 9-pm on Sunday 22nd May.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun May 22, 2016 10:13 am

Watched the last episode in the current series of 'Hinterland' the detective series set in Wales last night; it finished on a cliff-hanger concerning the main character so I imagine there will be another series so we get to find out what happens to DCI Tom Mathias. The bleak welsh countryside and isolated run down cottages where most of the murderous plots take place make this a dark and menacing series...and with long brooding silences from the main characters makes it an unusual but enjoyable police drama.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Does this make sense?

ITV is showing the England v Slovakia game on both ITV1 and ITV2. :huh: The Wales v Russia game is on ITV4.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Does this make sense?

ITV is showing the England v Slovakia game on both ITV1 and ITV2. :huh: The Wales v Russia game is on ITV4.
Makes about as much sense as paying vast amounts of money to chase about after a bag of wind which they have difficulty with getting it into the net. :D
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:44 pm

:?: I've been turning off the TV when football is on,even on the news. I do n't understand why chasing a bag of wind is worth the wages the players get paid either. :?: :?: :?:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:47 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Does this make sense?

I think it makes sense to show both games but to show the England game on two ITV channels seems senseless.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:15 pm

That was what i was referring to Mel - the same game on two channels.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:14 pm

This particular program I watched thanks to Catch Up - I’d learned of it from a review in The Guardian: “Gogglesprogs review - these kids are funny, fearless, wise and honest” https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ise-honest .

“[They] will often find the good in something that doesn’t obviously merit it – as when they’re shown a programme called ‘The Mad World of Donald Trump’. Of the presumptive Republican nominee, 10-year-old Stephanie simply says: “I think he’s got a black heart.” But Dotty, also 10, finds a reason for it. “I think he just had a terrible upbringing, and that’s what forced all this sort of nonsense into his head.” I agree! A most enjoyable programme.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking