The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 24th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 2nd May 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Some lovely images of Lowestoft and area tonight on ITV's 'Long Lost Family' as one of the two stories concerned a woman from Lowestoft. An interesting story if you missed it, it is no doubt available on ITV Player.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:37 pm

How do they check now that most people tend to watch TV from a recording - even if just to have the ability to FF through the ads? We know from the recent elections and referendums that public opinion polls are a total waste of time. The power stations can't get much from our brewing habits now either.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:42 pm

I noticed a 'new' Swedish police drama series on BBC4 last Saturday night (9-00 to 10-30 pm) called Beck, then discovered that it had started the previous Saturday (23rd), I downloaded the first episode on iPlayer and set the recorder to record Saturday's episode and the remainder of the series. I watched the first episode which was quite interesting, but different from the other Swedish ones which have been shown in recent years. It was only when the end credits were shown that I realised that it was made circa 2008, which might explain its difference to the more recent Swedish dramas. Each episode is a complete story but is worth watching and the subtitles are good. There was some English dialogue as well in the first program.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 am

Very interesting and enjoyable “Countryfile Summer Special” yesterday - especially the Oulton Broad section. Only part when I looked elsewhere was when they closely examined the contents of the cowpat! But then I have no sense of adventure. :D
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:31 am

Good thing there's no" smelly" T V

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 am

kerch wrote:Good thing there's no" smelly" T V
:D Totally agree, kerch!!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:36 am

I bought the Blu Ray disc of “Highlands - Scotland’s Wild Heart” a few weeks ago, but only just got round to watching it! Clip: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tqcqx - view in Full Screen!

Difficult to track down the origins of this programme! The disc’s cover states: “As seen on the BBC”; the web pages seem to indicate BBC; yet the disc states “ITV Studios”!
There are four episodes - I loved the sequence in the first one showing the Red Squirrel; and later, a superb slow motion sequence of an Osprey fishing.
The disk is a great addition to anyone’s Natural History collection.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:11 am

ITV Studios occasionally make programs for the BBC. I have seen it appear on the end credits of BBC programs.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm

That could well be the answer then! Don't mind who made it - it's still a beautifully made "nature" programme!

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:01 pm

UPDATE: Have just found that this excellent 4-part series is being shown on BBC2 @ 9pm - this week is Part 2 - Summer. Recommended viewing!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Trigger wrote:UPDATE: Have just found that this excellent 4-part series is being shown on BBC2 @ 9pm - this week is Part 2 - Summer. Recommended viewing!

...showing on Fridays.

It's interesting to note that the series was originally screened on BBC1 Scotland in May this year before the DVD/Blu-Ray version was released in June.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:43 pm

boatbuilder wrote:
Trigger wrote:UPDATE: Have just found that this excellent 4-part series is being shown on BBC2 @ 9pm - this week is Part 2 - Summer. Recommended viewing!

...showing on Fridays.

Thank you for spotting my 'deliberate' mistake! :D

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 pm

I’m really looking forward to the Prom Concert on Saturday (13/8)- BBC One @ 7:30pm:

“The John Wilson Orchestra performs Gershwin” John Wilson and his orchestra return to pay tribute to George and Ira Gershwin, one of America’s most celebrated song-writing duos, with favourites including ‘Embraceable You’, ‘Love Walked In’, ‘Fascinatin’ Rhythm’ and the ballet music from the 1951 film An American in Paris.

And my PVR is all set and ready to record! :D

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Just watched a programme about coastal errosion on the east coast from Whitby to Happisbough and the Isle of Wight plus a piece about the flooding near Windsor and the risks of flooding in London. Sale temp pour la planete think it's a French made series but not much info on the TV pages about it .

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:21 pm

I guess this is what you were watching kerch. Here is the Google translation of the text in the image below:
Hard times for the planet! - Duration: 55 min
England, more isolated than ever
Hard times for the planet! - Documentary series NatureRéalisateur Morad Aït-Habbouche, Production Company: It is not life!

From the Isle of Wight to Yorkshire, 36 million tourists flock each year to enjoy London as that of its provinces bucolic charm. But the island is facing threats increasingly strong. More storms and downpours exerts tremendous pressure on its inhabitants. Along the coast, entire villages ravaged by erosion are fighting not to disappear. In the interior, our British neighbors do not know where to turn to face the multiplication of lightning floods. Without real compensation system, they must then deal only with elements havoc
French TV.JPG
French TV.JPG (48.82 KiB) Viewed 107 times

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 am

Thats the programme BB.There's been several more shown here which I have n't watch,diffent countries.Does showview mean you can watch it in England?