The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Police Appeals/Alerts/News

General discussions about nothing in particular
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Police Appeals/Alerts/News

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for information after a 26ft white 1997 Campion Victoria 797 motor cruiser with a Volvo Penta 5.7Gi 260hp engine and duoprop was stolen from a marina in Lowestoft.

Between 10.45pm and 11.35pm on Tuesday 28 April two men in a silver Mercedes drove into the yard at School Lane, hitched up the galvanised twin axle trailer and boat and left.

Anyone with information about this theft or the whereabouts of the stolen boat is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 reference LO/15/2244

Help us keep our communities safe by reporting any suspicious activity

Please use the following link to pass useful information to Suffolk Police about any incident. http://www.suffolk.police.uk/safetyadvi ... olice.aspx

DO NOT USE THIS LINK IN AN EMERGENCY OR IN A SITUATION THAT REQUIRES AN IMMEDIATE POLICE RESPONSE WHEN YOU SHOULD RING 999.

Police Connect Team

This information is from an email received today at 16:44
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Police Appeals

Post by funkychick » Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Police are appealing fpr information after a woman was stabbed in a random attack this morning in Wilson Rd Pakefield she is not badly hurt but although the helicopter was hunting for about 20 mins or more this morning they havent got anyome

Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Sun May 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Whereabouts is School Lane BB? Should it have read School Road? I know that would lead to a boatyard by Lake Lothing?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 03, 2015 9:06 pm

I think that was an error in their email which I just copied, Frankie. I took it to mean School Road, which is, as you know, where the Pye/Sanyo TV factory is was. There is now a marina down there.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Cash was stolen after entry was gained to a home at Meadowsweet Close in Carlton Colville sometime between 10pm Friday 1 May and 7am Saturday 2 May. Two sets of keys were also taken but discarded nearby.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 reference LO/15/2314

Please use the following link to pass useful information to Suffolk Police about any incident. http://www.suffolk.police.uk/safetyadvi ... olice.aspx

DO NOT USE THIS LINK IN AN EMERGENCY OR IN A SITUATION THAT REQUIRES AN IMMEDIATE POLICE RESPONSE WHEN YOU SHOULD RING 999.

Police Connect Team

This information is from an email received today at 16:59

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for information after blue paint was used to spray graffiti over property walls , garden walls and a vehicle at Cowslip Crescent, Ashburnham Way, and Chiselhurst Road in Lowestoft.

The incidents all occurred between Sunday 14 and Monday 15 June if you have information about any of this damage or the person/s responsible please contact Suffolk Police on 101 reference LO/15/3277

Police Connect Team

This information from an email received at 13:19 today

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:59 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
14 December 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses following an affray incident in Greenfield Road in Lowestoft this morning.

Two men - a 23-year-old and a 36-year-old – have both been arrested on suspicion of affray after police were called to reports of a fight around 10.35am this morning.

Officers arrived to find a Ford Focus in the middle of the road and a 36-year-old man with head injuries nearby. He was taken to the James Paget hospital but has now been discharged and was subsequently arrested by police.

Both men have been taken into custody where they will be interviewed by officers in connection with the incident, and detectives are continuing enquiries to determine exactly what happened and who was involved.

Police will be maintaining a plain clothes presence in the area and officers are asking anyone who may have seen anything in Greenfield Road this morning to contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting CAD 98 of today, Monday 14 December.

From RSS feed. http://www.suffolk.police.uk/newsandeve ... ffray.aspx

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a 16-year-old girl who has gone missing from Ipswich, who may now be in the Lowestoft area.
Lucy Smith was reported as missing to police around 11.15pm last night, Monday 7 March, after going out from the address she was staying at, in the Norwich Road area of Ipswich, a short time earlier.
Although she has been missing before there is concern for her well-being and police are asking her, anyone who may have seen her or anyone with information about where she is now to get in touch.
Lucy is described as white, of slim build, around 5ft 7ins tall, with long blonde hair and blue eyes. At the time she went missing she may have been wearing a white hooded top, black gilet, grey leggings and trainers.
It’s thought she may have headed to the Lowestoft area, or she may still be in Ipswich.
Anyone who has seen her since last night or anyone with information about her current whereabouts is asked to call the duty sergeant at Ipswich Police Station by dialling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD number 444 of yesterday, Monday 7 March.

A picture of Lucy is attached
Attachments
MissingLucySmith [3148080].jpg
MissingLucySmith [3148080].jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 5141 times

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:26 pm

In some American states you would get a msg on your mobile
My daughter and partner was over there and their phones kept bringing up msg about missing persons which seemed to me to be a great idea for the service providers to be doing.

Lets hope this young girl is found safe and healthy soon and any other persons that are missing
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:55 pm

There is a nationwide system over here but I don't think it is used as widely as it should be. I signed up to it quite a while ago but have hardly ever has any 'alerts'. I do get them from 'Police Connect' on my mobile which I also signed up to. The above was one such alert which I also received by email.

The other national one is 'Child Rescue Alert' which can be signed up to at this address. CHILD RESCUE ALERT
The last notification I received was on the 10th March last year relating to a Nottingham girl who was found safe and well.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm

I believe SWMBO has done a similar thing to you
I seem to remember her saying something about an alert last year quite a while back but as I worked away I didn't see the point in being sent msg's while I was 30 or more mile off the coast.
Whats wrong with it being set up by the service provider and having it in the area's where the missing person is. I'm sure the tech IS there it just needs to be set up.
But no doubt there would be NOT on MY phone brigade :boo:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Just received a Text Alert to advise that Lucy Smith has now been found safe and well - staying in Norwich Road area of Ipswich. :D

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 31, 2016 10:58 am

Suffolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for help in tracing two missing girls from the Lowestoft area.
Klaudia Sokolowska aged 15 and Jasmine Nicholls aged 14 were last seen getting a taxi from the Children’s Resource Centre in Lowestoft at 7pm on Sunday 29th May. It’s believed they may have got a train to London, although they may be travelling separately with Jasmine heading to the Ipswich area.
Klaudia is described as white, 5ft 6 inches tall, with shoulder length dark brown hair and green eyes. Jasmine is described as white, 5ft 4inches tall, very long blonde hair and blue eyes.
Officers are concerned for their welfare and are asking anyone who has seen Klaudia or Jasmine or who has any information on where they may be to contact Suffolk Police on 101.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue May 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Apparently Klaudia goes walkabout regularly and has been missing a number of times this year already
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm

They were found in Ipswich after being seen getting into a taxi in south Lowestoft ...... Bit of a fare for 14 year olds