The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Police Appeals/Alerts/News

General discussions about nothing in particular
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Police Appeals

Post by funkychick » Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

They were found in Ipswich after being seen getting into a taxi in south Lowestoft ...... Bit of a fare for 14 year olds
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 31, 2016 3:23 pm

Police indication was they got a train so maybe they were taken to Lowestoft station by Taxi.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Suffolk Police are appealing for help to locate a 16-year-old girl who went missing from an address in Lowestoft.
Danloba Jaquite was reported as missing on Monday 4 July. She was last seen at 7.20am leaving Lowestoft, saying that she was going to East Norfolk Sixth Form College in Gorleston.
Police believe she may be in the Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth area, or she may have travelled further afield.
Danloba is described as black and approximately 5 feet 3 inches tall. She was wearing a black and white top, blue dungarees, black tights and ankle boots.

Officers are asking anyone who may have information about where she is now to get in touch.

Anyone who can help should call Suffolk Police on the non-emergency number 101.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Danloba Jacquite has been found safe and well in Great Yarmouth.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
This message is being broadcasted on behalf of Suffolk Trading Standards
We've received a couple of notifications from Norfolk Trading Standards that rogue traders have been calling at doors in locations close to the Suffolk border.
There have been reports of pressure washing and tree surgery doorstep traders in Great Yarmouth and Norwich, and reports of a man in a white van selling "cheap new" mattresses in Gorleston.

These traders may of course come into the Suffolk, and so please be aware that they are in the area.

Here in Suffolk we have had reports of door-to-door fish seller in the IP4 area of Ipswich, and there has been a report of gentleman going door-to-door in Lowestoft insisting that it is a legal requirement to have a funeral plan.

If you are approached by such a trader, please report them to us on 03454 040506.

When reporting a doorstep crime, try to remember some key information such as their name, their appearance and vehicle registration number.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Appeal from email 9th September 2016 - 11:56am

Police are appealing for help in tracing a 16-year-old girl who has gone missing.

Demie Murray was reported as missing after failing to return to where she was staying in Lowestoft after going out around 7pm on Wednesday evening, 7 September, saying she was going out to visit a local shop.

Enquiries made by police revealed she had last been seen later on Wednesday evening after she was dropped off by a taxi in the Norwich Road area.

Demie is described as white, around 4ft 11ins – 5ft 1inch tall, of slim build, with long light brown hair. At the time she went missing she was wearing pink pyjamas, black trainers and a short black leather jacket with a fur collar.

Officers are asking anyone who may have seen Demie since or anyone who may have information about where she is now to call the duty sergeant at Lowestoft police station by calling Suffolk Police on 101.
Missing Teenager - Demie Murray

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:06 pm

The missing girl in the previous post was found safe and well in Lowestoft town centre on Friday afternoon, it was reported on the Suffolk Police website.
Only just found out by looking on their website as they never bothered sending out a text and/or email as they usually do.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am

I do wonder about these appeals. At 16 years old, you can do many things as a young adult, such as get married - with parent's permission. If as an adult you are not classed as missing until 3 days have passed, why do the police make appeals within a few hours? Especially when these youngsters have a history of repeatedly disappearing for days at a time!

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:09 am

Because in most cases they are extremely vulnerable and because of whatever reason unhappiness, the need for attention the need for love they are prime candidates to fall into the hands of paedophiles and we all know how prevalant they are and how clever they are at grooming young people who are vulnerable I m sure the police don't make these appeals without good reason there are many many teens go missing for short periods they don't make appeals for them all, obviously the ones that do have known vulnerability cause concerns
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:19 am

I fully agree FC.

Incidentally, I eventually received a text at 9-35 this morning advising she had been found.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:18 pm

I agree with the comments from FC and BB; as far as I’m concerned, if the Police consider it necessary to issue an ‘Appeal’ - there must be a very good reason for them to do so.
Sometimes, it seems that the Police are “damned if they do, and damned if they don’t”.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:48 pm

It should also be remembered that under the age of 18 a person is still classed as a 'minor', even if they can marry with parental consent.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:36 pm

I agree with all the above too but would the people a 16-year old young person fell into clutches of be classed as paedophiles if that person was old enough to have sex? They could certainly be manipulative and thoroughly nasty people but I'm not sure they would be paedophiles?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:04 pm

I think this topic should now be confined to the purpose it was intended. If anybody wishes to discuss the subject referred to in the last few posts further, then I suggest they consider starting a new topic on the subject in the Debate & Discussion board accordingly.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Before we close it BB can I just say to Frankiesays that paedophiles will use a 16 year old to get to a 14 year old or a 10 year old and yes some 16 year olds are manipulated and could be plied with drugs so yes a paedophile could definitely be the correct term

sorry now I ll butt out and get back to the main topic Thanks

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Police Appeals/Alerts

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Suffolk Constabulary
Alert from email 16th September 2016 - 10-13am

160916 Computer Tech Support Scam
**This message is being sent on behalf of Suffolk Trading Standards**

We received details this week of a resident in Suffolk who lost £3000 after being duped by bogus tech support callers.

Working from home on her work laptop, the victim allowed the scammer remote access which provided the scammer with access to her personal financial details.

This incident has not only highlighted the scam, but has also shown that the scam has wider implications. The victim's workplace now has to investigate as to whether the scammer was able to access any of the company's information.

How the Scam Works

The caller will tell you that your computer has been sending error messages or that it has a virus. They may mention problems with your internet connection or your phone line and say this has affected your computer's recent performance. They may claim that your broadband connection has been hacked.

The caller will request remote access to your computer to ‘find out what the problem is’.

The scammer may try to talk you into buying unnecessary software or a service to ‘fix’ the computer, or they may ask you for your personal details and your bank or credit card details. You shouldn't be asked to pay for viruses to be cleared from your computer, or to fix any issues over the phone.

More scammers are calling people trying to gain remote access to their computer to steal personal information. A common tool scammers use to log into your computer is 'TeamViewer'.

It is important to never check your account balance while a third party has remote access to your computer as it is possible they can see what is being displayed on your screen.

If you are called, don’t give them any details and hang up.

Report the call

To help tackle these calls report any such incidents to Action Fraud. If you can, supply the name of the company (or at least, who they claimed to be), plus – if possible – the phone number they called you from.

Action Fraud - Tel: 0300 123 2040

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

If you’ve been a victim

If you’re worried that you’ve granted access to your PC or given your bank details to an unsolicited caller, it’s important to take some key steps. Contact Action Fraud and seek a crime reference number to help you pursue any lost funds from your bank. Alert your bank to what has happened, and to be extra safe, run an up-to-date security scan