The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Nuisance Telephone Calls

General discussions about nothing in particular
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Nuisance Telephone Calls

Post by Mel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I may be tempting fate but my nuisance calls on the house phone seemed to have virtually dried up. My wife sometimes still calls me on my mobile...which can be a bit of a nuisance though :lol:
My Flickr pictures look here

A.J.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by A.J. » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:41 pm

We don't get any at all now thanks to the free Sky Call Monitor :)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Strangely enough our nuisance calls seem to have stopped. We did set up a new system with BT a couple of months ago, at no extra cost, which seems to have helped.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I had been getting LOAD's on my mobile they either hang up if or when I answered or they said that I had registered to have them sell me stuff?
NO I DID NOT>>>>>>>> but I'm not getting any at the moment as my mobile which had been getting warm of late suddenly got VERY hot the back distorted so I now am mobile less and NOT LIKING it very much because I use it for work about 50 times a day
Work is very slow and quiet :argument:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Did it burn out whilst you were in a heated conversation, nikkai? ;) I guess you'll be buying a new mobile tomorrow.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 pm

I was sat having my lunch and noticed that the phone seemed to be sat on something but when I lifted it to see what was under it I nearly burnt my fingers! I shook it out of the case and then saw the back panel all twisted so I knocked that off and the battery out

Now I'm home Ive put my other samsung battery in and it turned ON? as yet it hasn't got hot ? The contacts come up on the screen but again I've not tried to use it but taken out the battery.
Yes I think I'll need another Samsung
My old HTC isnt much use as it will not update to the new system or whatever it needs to do (apparently It's TOO OLD?)
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 am

Wasn't it Samsung that had the problem with batteries catching fire?

Then maybe it happened in sympathy for the Samsung heir who has just been jailed in South Korea over corruption.:D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41033568.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 am

Had one of these calls @ 8.35am – screen indicated an international call – with 001075 displayed. Picked up phone and said “Hello?” No reply, so bellowed “Hello!” again. Male voice, strong Indian accent, said “I’m ringing you about a problem with your router.” Me: “There is nothing wrong with my router so why are you ringing me from India to tell me there is?” He ended the call! :lol:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:13 pm

I’ve had five calls from this number 01525510007 in two days! The last two calls show on my Caller ID prefixed by International (the number shows immediately below the word).
Area Code (01525) is Leighton Buzzard. The site “Who called me” indicates spam! I’ve added the number to my call blocker. :lol:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:13 pm

I had a call yesterday from an 01952 number which is Telford. My sister lives in Telford and I don't think I have ever had a call from that exchange apart from her and wondered if she was telephoning to advise of a number change and it was also her birthday. However, I had let it ring for quite some time and it cut off just before I decided to answer it, just in case it was her. I therefore decided to ring it back using my mobile and a recording informed me that there was no such number.
About half an hour later the same number rang me again so I decided to answer straight away and the guy on the other end (foreign accent) claimed he was from BT (at least with his accent I think he said that). I told him in no uncertain terms that as he had rung my number earlier I had called it back and the number never existed, that he should 'get lost' - or words to that effect. Of course if the number doesn't exist then you can't block it with the call blocker (1572).

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 pm

boatbuilder wrote: I told him in no uncertain terms that as he had rung my number earlier I had called it back and the number never existed, that he should 'get lost' - or words to that effect. Of course if the number doesn't exist then you can't block it with the call blocker (1572).
I wouldn't have been so polite! :lol: Never realised I know so many naughty words! I just add the number into the blocker on the off-chance that it might deal with it. But, if I don't recognise the number, and the caller doesn't leave a message I never call back - if they can't leave a message I don't need to speak to them! :o

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm

I did say 'words to that effect' Trigger. :lol:

Perhaps you are using a different blocker than me. Mine is the BT 1572 service which you call immediately after the call and it tells you if it is a genuine number or not. There is another method (manually) to put numbers into it on your computer but I have never found cause to use it yet.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 pm

I use an actual call blocker with that name. Bought it when I was at work and got more 'spam' then - err, not the food sort! It was also useful when the sellers of the blocker kept calling to sell me the latest model! :roll:

PS Just dialled that number and was told that the number is not in service! Thanks for the 1572 info - will use that - if it's a real number then I'll block it! :thumbsup:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Not sure what you mean about 'that number not in service' Trigger. The '1572' number or the number you blocked earlier? You have to register with BT (for free) to use the 1572 service.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Sorry to confuse (I do it so well!) I didn't dial 1572. I look back and found the one before the calls indicating International - which gave the number, dialled that and got a recorded message saying that the number was not in service.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Just had 3 of those darned calls = @ 1pm, 1.21pm & 1.34pm. "Infany, infamy, they've all got it in-fer-me! :lol: