The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Dash-cam Demons

General discussions about nothing in particular
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Dash-cam Demons

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 am

I recently invested in a dash cam for the car and thought I would start this topic to highlight some of the foolish things that happen on the roads. These two images were from footage, seconds apart, captured on Saturday afternoon in Station Square. As well as a cyclist and a pedestrian attempting to cross against the lights there was an even more foolish second cyclist (highlighted) crossing between the vehicles nearer to the junction lights. :roll:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (177.6 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (98.25 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Dash-cam Demons

Post by funkychick » Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 am

It never ceases to amaze me how many people walk across red lights especially at that crossing and Tuttles corner one
Silly idiots
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm

So is true you can be register blind and allowed to drive.that is what my blind occupantal helper told me.my neighbour who was in her 90s was driving up to 91 gave up 95 she register blind at 90.
I surpose either blind unable read road instructions or in lowerstoft no point..I used bike for years I gave up to dangerous.not driven a car in years maybe it time I start again.i proberly better than sighted driver.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 pm

With all due respect to you bb but I think you are making mountains out of mole hills,The cyclist hi lighted was moving through stationary traffic eating to go over the bridge and into big gaps on the station side, the pedestrian .may well have crossed the two lanes of stationary traffic when the lights were not green for him but he was standing still in the centre waiting his opportunity to move sharply as he no doubt did when that gap in the traffic appeared. we're not all doddery old folk.
Too many cyclists and pedestrians blame drivers and too many drivers blame pedestrians and cyclists.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 pm

It's not making 'mountains' at all Aussie, I was merely pointing out the sheer stupidity of people in some of the things they do. If you find those actions - particularly the cyclist moving between the stationery traffic near the junction - acceptable, then I don't think you have any sense of what is or isn't responsible. Had the traffic lights changed to green for the direction of flow that I was in and there was traffic still coming from over the bridge then that cyclist could have been in a predicament in as much as he might not have been able to move into the flow he was intending to and would therefore have held up the right hand lane of traffic that I was in which would have been in a position to move forward. Of course the same could also have applied to the pedestrian going against the red crossing signal had things not worked out as they did. Just common sense to me.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm

I am contemplating a similar purchase. I'm having regular near misses mostly caused by idiots that proof of their idiocy might come in handy soon. Plus it is nice to record particularly scenic journeys to post on Facebook for those who are unable to get out any more but used to go on lots of country drives. A couple of weeks back I had a lorry tailgating me at 50-60 MPH at no more than three feet from my back bumper. The only thing I think I may have done to upset him was to let the truck he was racing in front of me (two motorways merging M60/M61) which put me in between me and his mate. They were Irish lorries heading North presumably to Heysham Ferry. I would quite happily see him lose his job. We all make mistakes now and again and I'm no exception but this was deliberate and dangerous.
It's grim up North...

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 pm

It is no doubt a reasonable idea using one for good purposes and enjoyment. I had an incident last Year when I was stationary at traffic lights on Tom Crisp Way, Blackheath road Junction, traveling south and on the outside lane, when the lights changed to green we, on that out side lane were off to a sharp start. I and others overtook this white van on the inside lane, I indicated and moved to the front of the white van. No risk nobody had to brake but the white van driver took hum-bridge at my manoeuvre and tail gated me waving arms and fists all the way to where the road widens approaching the next round a bout. I kept to the right hand side to go to carlton and he over took me at great speed and swept right across my nearside front wing and our vehicles collided.
After a brief altercation and exchanges of particulars I told him that I would report him to the police for road rage & that I did, he was duly charged and pleaded Guilty
A cam corder could well have been useful had he contested the charge.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Glad your encounter with the van man had a satisfactory conclusion, Aussie.

This is not quite in line with the topic's name, although the images are from the dash cam, but I wonder how long it will take for the council, or whoever is responsible, to correct the direction sign painted on the eastbound approach to the Tom Crisp/Bloodmoor Road roundabout in Carlton Colville. The road numbers should read A1145 (A146) not A145 (A146) and it has been wrong since the roadworks were carried out earlier in the year. :roll:
Wrong road number
Wrong road number
A1145.jpg (133.63 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
Correct road number pointing along Castleton Avenue
Correct road number pointing along Castleton Avenue
A1145(1).jpg (136.17 KiB) Viewed 1621 times

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 pm

If you don't know, Morrisons in South Lowestoft recently changed their road layout into and out of their carpark. The first image shows the new route to enter the car park as you turn off Tower Road. The second image shows what I encountered on Saturday afternoon as I was leaving the car park. The No-Entry is clearly visible on the road (and signs) but obviously not to that driver. :roll:
Morrisons 0.JPG
Morrisons 1.JPG

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:52 pm

The woman driving this car is the latest to be inducted into the 'Dash-cam Demons Club'.

I was returning from the shops at about 12:30 today and was indicating to turn right at the mini-roundabout on Elm Tree Road to go into Ashburnham Way. As the car at the front in the first image was going straight on up Elm Tree Road as I approached the roundabout, I continued onto the roundabout (second image) with my indicator still going and started making my right turn only to find that the woman who was driving the car following the one that had passed over the roundabout wasn't interested as she decided to continue to follow the previous car, causing me to brake. Naturally she heard a sharp sound of my horn which, when it happened, also gave cause for the workman along the road to look up (third image). :roll:
2018-08-03 (0).jpg
2018-08-03 (1).jpg
2018-08-03 (2).jpg

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Been inclined be more than my horn if been you B.B.she Definitely needs extra help ..when blind people are driving should be sticker on car saying that...I kid you not but registered blind can in many cases still drive

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:48 pm

It's a good job I noticed this idiot as I was leaving the Gateway Retail park this afternoon, otherwise I might have received a damaged nearside wing.

I think there should be at least a broken white line at that junction where the driver is approaching from.

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 am

Definately needs something to indicate priority at that junction.
I before E except after C - That's weird

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 am

I Don't drive any more just a passager but some of the things I see make me Wonder how some driveres passed their test or may be they are Driving without that piece of plastic! ! ! :twisted:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Taken from today's 'Liverpool Echo'. Incident happened about 8:20 am today on the M53 mid-Wirral Motorway. Apparently the incident is in the hands of the police.

'

I also came across this short video in the same report.

'