The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Suffolk county council .

General discussions about nothing in particular
jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Suffolk county council .

Post by jonboy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:49 pm

On Monday the 23rd July i reported to Suffolk County Council highways department that the audible warning that accompanies the green" pedestrian cross now "lights at the Somerleyton/Millenium Way , near the Aldis supermarket was no longer working .
On Wednesday 25th July i received an E mail reply from "Peter" at Suffolk C .C. consumer services asking me to phone a company called Dynniq to report this problem ......what am i missing here ? why did Peter not phone them instead of e mailing me with the phone number ? i am sure the report would carry more weight coming from Suffolk C C than from a member of the public .
So now i have to pay my taxes AND do their job do i ?
Ahhh that feels better off my chest dancer1

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Suffolk county council .

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:45 pm

jonboy wrote:So now i have to pay my taxes AND do their job do i ?
Of course you do. They are only there to take and spend our money on the UNNECESSARY things such as new offices and the like so they can sit in comfort and play on their computers all day. :D

Seriously though, did you phone them? I guess THIS is the company you were referring to.

There is unique number strapped to every lamp post and road sign that has electrical lighting with a phone number on it for reporting faulty ones. This is the one on the lamp near to my house.
Lamp.jpg
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Re: Suffolk county council .

Post by jonboy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Yes , i did phone them , so now i await to see how long this repair will take .
As this is not actually a lamp post there are no contact details . There are 4 posts holding up the traffic/ pedestrian lights just on the somerleyton Rd crossing and each one has a different No. , in this case 17..18..19...20 ( from memory ) , so more confusion .
Anyway now it has been reported , so this " toucan crossing " , as opposed to a Pelican crossing.....Puffin crossing or Pegasus crossing should be safer for everyone . The guy on the other end of the telephone informed me of the difference so that next time i could report it correctly :nono: