The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Having a real moan

General discussions about nothing in particular
nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Having a real moan

Post by nikkai » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi there all and sundry,
In this democratic country we all enjoy the way the elected ? carry out OUR wishes fast and thoroughly!
Oops sorry had a real brain dead time when I started to post.
It's been done to death in such ways that the "parliament we pay" have managed to convince many that we the voters did not really want to exit Europe but made errors with every vote we cast.
There was a vote for and this is what the paper said LEAVE (yes) LEAVE (no) there was no mention of deals then needed to be made or laws that needed to be changes so that deals HAD TO BE OBTAINED?
Plain and simple IF YOUR COMPANY WANTS TO DEAL WITH EUROPE THEN IT CONTINUES and abides by the import / export criteria that was then in place?
OH NO this country still has to PAY Europe 36 BILLION as it has been (oh don't worry that give us back 23 Billion in 'grants' ? in my book that would still be OUR OWN money.
Nearly 4 years and several GBP later the PEOPLE WE PAY TO WORK FOR US IE: our parliamentary persons can not even agree to FOLLOW the countries elected PM who has tried tooth and nail to follow the PEOPLES choice even though he himself is or was one of the original 'remainers'
Due to this bunch of overpaid jumped up block things at all cost (to get what THEY want) parliamentarians our country has become a laughing stock within the worlds livestock trading companies and it look like soon another of our once large companies will collapse because of the inept government we PAY FOR that can not stop inhouse squabblings.
Democracy is a joke in this country.
I can see NO POINT in ever casting a VOTE for whatever reason as there is and will be those within the so called ruling body who will endeavour to turn any democratic result to one which suits THEM best.

THANKS YOU BUNCH OF TIME WASTING LOOP HOLE MAKING COUNTRY DESTROYING EMPLOYEE OF MINE .
Yes I / we PAY your wages to act on MY / our behalf to do MY / OUR democratic wish.

I think it has come to look for another country to move to may be Alaska type.
Ask yourself "would you trade with a company or country that can not decide what to do after nearly 4 (YES FOUR) long arduous years"
Or would you trade with a country that says Yes we can supply this for this for the next whatever years ?
Once GREAT BRITAIN now ??? F all great about it and as for Britain ? the Scots want independence but also want control in London?
This country worked very well BEFORE the "common market" as sold to us then, WE were one of the biggest and best countries of the time which is why the Common Market as then wanted US to join, we then LOST things like NZ Lamb we could only import a percentage of the original which crippled the NZ farmers, but thats OK because our common market meant that we could trade easily between countries even those which were bankrupt or producing so much of one product that it was DUMPED ?

Enough said I'm Off to look for alternative work so that when it all goes T#ts up I can keep my family alive, maybe not in this joke of a country though.
PS: sorry if this is long but this government also takes a long time to spout a load of old dross as well.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Having a real moan

Post by Mel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:23 am

nikkai wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 pm
Democracy is a joke in this country.
Hear! Hear!
My Flickr pictures look here