The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

French supermarket

General discussions about nothing in particular
jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

French supermarket

Post by jonboy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Ohhh dear , i have just received a video from a friend in France and it shows a wave of people rushing in as the supermarket doors open . They apparently overpowered a security guard outside in their rush , they also trampled on someone who fell over in the rush . They were seen pushing past the elderly and infirm in the rush to buy food .

This of course is a very sad reflection on society and i can see it getting worse in the coming weeks . It is a forlorn hope to think it could not happen here so do i start looking on E Bay for a Tazer ? joking ...joking...joking........for the moment.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: French supermarket

Post by kerch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Not all of us are panic buying ,I went to the local cheese shop and was the only Customer, there was plenty of all the things he normall sells including pasta another woman arrived and waited out side until I left.
Also not allowed out except to food shop,go to the doctors & pharmacie .We have to take out a paper stating why we are out signed and dated.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:27 am

Kerch.......on the self certificate form in France it does state that it is authorised to go out for reasons of "physical activity individual " which would include a cycle ride , walk , jogging and dog walking so the French are not in total lock-down . I do understand it does state brief outings but what is brief ? is it 4 mins or 40 mins ? for me 40 mins would be a brief cycle ride , and for many many French also .

Unfortunately i cannot download the video of the French supermarket but it was in " La Gazette" Val d'oise . If you can find this video then this will show that not all French are following the rules .

Stay safe .

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 am

The physical activity is classed as doing it close to home not a long bike ride ,10k run etc .Now large public places are closed to the public ie parks ,beaches .Hiking is also out of the question .Brief outings seem to be standing on the balcony and doing gym fine if you have a balcony,which I Don't have, will have to content myself with Walking to bread shop and back ,3 minutes each way not counting waiting to be served.

I do n't like staying in miss Walking and taking photos ,but can't afford the fine 135 euros .Although one cyclist had been stopped and fined three times ,he did n't see why he should conform.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:14 am

I have a friend who lives in Nouvelle Aquitaine and like you he does not like staying in . He walks the 4. 5 klms into town every single day and has been stopped twice . he says it is for health reasons and for him a 9 klm walk is what he needs , and so he has been allowed to continue .

Of course there are stupid people everywhere and for a cyclist to say he does not see why he should conform is amongst them , but if he is really cycling a short distance for health reasons then that is not really the same thing . It sounds like he just likes confrontation .

Kerch, just a thought ......why would you need a certificate to do exercises on your own balcony , who could police that ? ? It means actually going out side your property on to public areas surely .
Last edited by jonboy on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:17 am

https://actu.fr/ile-de-france/cergy_951 ... 44456.html

Found the link , i think it should work .

Can't see much social distancing here :argument:

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:54 am

Thank-you jonboy,puzzling that video looks as if there were people in the supermarket before the stampeed so what stared the rush
.Cergy is one of the places badly hit……………..
.Don't need permision to do gym on a balcony,yes it means public places .just a way of avoiding going out and still keeping fit.