The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Sunday slow cycle.

General discussions about nothing in particular
jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Sunday slow cycle.

Post by jonboy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm

I am inviting anyone , old , young , fit, unfit, to join us ( 2 or 3 riders at the moment ) on a leisurely cycle ride tomorrow Sunday 22nd March . We start off from the bridge at Oulton Broad opposite the Wherry hotel . we will stay on cycle tracks most of the time , down Victoria Rd to the promenade to near Claremont pier where we will stop and have a drink and a snack ( dont forget a flask and sandwich ). we will then cycle along the prom and then back to Oulton Broad via any route you wish . Denmark rd....high st up to the cycle path to North Quay retail park etc etc. The distance will be about 8 to 12 klms depending on route , with frequent stops and above all no rush .
SO, if you feel the need for a bit of fresh air and a slow ride tomorrow then meet us at 11 am at the bridge . Dont worry about your riding ability or fitness as this is a SLOW LEISURELY ride with as many stops as you like .

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Sunday slow cycle.

Post by kerch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:46 pm

If you were in France your slow cycle won't take place and if you tried it would cost 135euros each for everyone trying to take part.I'm Under the impression that insolation is a word English just Don't understand . :bike:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 am

I don't think that there is anything wrong with what jonboy is doing providing they all respect each other's space and keep the advised minimum of two metres away from each other and anybody else. I am happy to go out for walks where I live, which is quiet anyway, and I ensure that I keep well away from other people whilst doing so, which is the advice we have been given by the government and medical advisers.

Let's face it, what jonboy posted in another topic about the video of shoppers somewhere in France is far, far worse. Those people certainly weren't interested in isolation, or even had respect for the security person involved, so I don't believe your comment about the English and isolation can be seen as fair, under the circumstances.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:04 am

The articles on the daily mail site show more or less the same thing world wide ,think it's time every one calmed down and stopped to think about the old ,handicaped,& anyone else who how for various reasons can't panic buy.
I'm not happy about not being allowed out but if it stops the spread of this horrid virus I'll do it for as long as nessary.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Post by jonboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 am

At the moment there are 3 people but as the ride is mostly on cycle tracks ( apart from Victoria rd ) then the 2/3 mtr distance between riders is a normal riding distance anyway . I feel that the chance to get outside on such a nice day as today and having a coffee and sandwich overlooking the beach and sea will lift the spirits of anyone who feels a bit down .
Of course we will respect all distance and social contact requirements , so if you feel like a nice slow ride and a cuppa on the beach then do meet up at 11 am this morning .