The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Returning to board

General discussions about nothing in particular
nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Returning to board

Post by nikkai » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Hello all and I hope that you and your families are all in the best health that can be had.

I've had quite a time away from here so there is a little to catch up on. 90% of the time away has been down to just trying to find the time to (A) relax (B) unwind (C) control pain and discomfort. and the remaining time has been due to my own lack of brain retention information.
Yes I just plain forgot log on info for numerous sites. :think:

I'll give a very big thank you to BB for sorting out my unruly mess and correcting the errors in my mind as to log in requirements.
:yesyou: :yesyou: :yesyou:

Our grandson has taken over ! yes he controlls the aged ones with his blue eyes and super quick brain to think or reasons why "WE" should do as he wants, and not what we thought we wanted him to do.
work has been a very demanding time, even though I have been listed as vunerable I have worked right through the pandemic even having to forgo time off because of the lack of staff, I know that I am not the only one to be in this possition and I admire the people who have worked to keep life as normal as it could possibly be.
I and the wife are double jabbed while I am waiting for the *booster* to which I have been instructed to have along with the Flu one.
Well enough for now I hope to have more time in the future where the work load is lessening and the rest periods are expanding.
THANK YOU BB :high5:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Returning to board

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:03 pm

It's good to see you back on the forum, Nikkai, and pleased that I was able to help with the logging-in process. :D

I think it's been a trying time for many over the past 18-months - none more so than the extremely clinically vulnerable, of which my wife is one. Depite those with that status now not having to officially shield, and with the infection rates now almost back at the January 2021 levels again here in East Suffolk and Suffolk county - and still rising (see the link at the top of the page), I still believe many precautions are still needed by those who were classed as ECV. Least of all I believe masks should still be mandatory in many places where it no longer is - especially in the schools which are now accounting for around 50% of the current cases being reported in this area. Thankfully, despite the current high infection rates, the death rates and hospital admissions are significantly lower than they were before the vaccines. Still, one death is one too many!

My wife and I both had our flu jab about a week ago and should be able to get out booster C-19 one from the end of the month when it's six months since our second one.

We look forward to 'seeing' more of you on here in the future. :D

All the best!
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am

Glad to know you and your family are all well Nikkai.
My Flickr pictures look here

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by Karen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 am

Nice to see you back, Nikkai. I've been missing a lot too lol.

I agree with you, BB about masks still being mandatory. I still wear one when I'm out and about. Actually, I've never stopped wearing one. Too many Covidiots about lol!! Got my flu jab Wednesday. Plan on getting my Covid booster next week.