The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

R.I.P Bob Blizzard

General discussions about nothing in particular
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

R.I.P Bob Blizzard

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 10, 2022 6:51 pm

Former Waveney MP Bob Blizzard dies aged 71

Image Credit: Nick Butcher

A former MP has been hailed as a "staunch advocate" for Waveney after his death aged 71.

Tributes have poured in for Bob Blizzard, who served as Waveney’s MP between 1997 and 2010 and worked tirelessly in the interests of his constituents.

Prior to his time in Westminster, Mr Blizzard served as leader of Waveney District Council for six years, having been elected to the authority in 1987.

His 13-year reign over the Westminster seat included notable successes, including getting the Tom Crisp Way relief road open to alleviate one of the major traffic bottlenecks in Lowestoft, and obtaining funding for the Orbis Energy Centre.

While the most sought-after prize eluded him during his time in office, his role in its eventual arrival cannot be overlooked.

He fought for a third crossing to be built over Lake Lothing, including commissioning a feasibility report to be carried out for a bridge connecting Waveney Drive and Peto Way, and attracting more than 10,000 signatures to a petition calling for the crossing.

The Gull Wing bridge is currently under construction and is set to open next year.

https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news ... es-8954330

R.I.P. Bob Blizzard
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget