The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Have A Moan

General discussions about nothing in particular
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Have A Moan

Post by Mel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 am

Had a look round the site and couldn't find a whinging topic so I thought I would start one.

I watched the sad news yesterday on Look East (BBC1) about the yachtsman who was murdered in the Caribbean and the report was being sent from Lowestoft Yacht Club; what I found rather over the top was the reporter although only standing on the jetty was sending his report in wearing a life jacket, which made him I thought look slightly ridiculous and distracted me from his report as I couldn't stop laughing :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Have A Moan

Post by Trigger » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 am

Mel wrote: what I found rather over the top was the reporter although only standing on the jetty was sending his report in wearing a life jacket, which made him I thought look slightly ridiculous
Possible Health & Safety requirements? Image
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 am

Paying for a full TV license with so many repeats on offer - Bah,no imagination. fireman1

Afterall,if I want to watch repeats I just turn to 24 hour news and they repeat the news every 15 minutes.
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 am

Is there any other type of TV licence other than a 'full' one other than a B&W which is a full one for that type of set? I know what you mean though. happy1
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:32 am

Doing my self assessment tax returns and finding 90% of the questions I don't have a clue what they are talking about Apparently I have to say yes to a NIC4 question ????? and although it says I m paying tax and a student loan I just ignore the student loan bit even though there's no yes or no box by it ...oh yes and when a message comes up telling me I m not allowed on the next page I should have ignored that and gone on it anyway I don't think my 10 hours a week work is worth the pain
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 am

I hope Trigger doesn't read your post FC. He'll be really confused.com as I am! :? :? :?

funkychick wrote:....... I don't think my 10 hours a week work is worth the pain
I suppose that depends whether your're on £10 or £100 an hour :)

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Neither BB slightly more than the first and very VERY much lower than the second
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm

I was only using the two figures as extremes FC. I suppose I should have put the lower one as the minimum wage. :) I didn't think for a minute that you were earning a thousand pounds for a weeks work. :roll:

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:53 pm

be nice though BB

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:59 pm

I get some good advice when I step out of line from BB. I think he is being nice when he points out the error of my ways,mind you he may be grinding his teeth behind the scene. ;)

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:06 pm

I used to moan about Mary Whitehouse and thought she was an interfering old busy-body with nothing better to do but how wrong was I? Has anybody had the misfortune to accidentally (or intentionally) watch a few minutes of Geordie Shore on MTV (Sky)? Blimey, Mary was right about the odd swear-word being the thin end of the wedge. I know I don't have to watch it but with the recording facilities of most TV boxes nowadays the young kids can watch it any time they want to - check it out to see what I mean.
It's grim up North...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm

frankiesays wrote:I used to moan about Mary Whitehouse and thought she was an interfering old busy-body with nothing better to do but how wrong was I?
Me too Frankiesays, it was the trendy thing to do at the time but I realise now that she was right in a lot of what she said. Now the British Board of Film Censors have thrown in the towel and are relaxing their rules Read More Here
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:41 pm

I was hearing only yesterday about a film that has a 12 certificate and the 'F' would is used 575 or a similar number of times That cannot be right
Mary Whitehouse was right, its a shame she was an elderly lady to make fun of and not a pretty trendy young thing

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Must be a lot of happy LOL members as seems no one is having a moan. :o :shock: ;)

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:27 am

Or even ML users .........you forgot which house you were in then SB x