The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Have A Moan

General discussions about nothing in particular
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Have A Moan

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I couldn't agree more, Sheila. Unless there is a designated cycle path marked along the footpath then cyclists should be using the road. I was out walking one day last week on Hollowgrove way and the footpath is only about 4-foot wide where I was and a cyclist went whizzing past me from behind. Had I happened to have stepped slightly to one side at the wrong time then I could have easily been hit. Again, no warning bell to indicate he was coming up the footpath at considerable speed.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by SheilaO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm

I see so many breaking the law in many different ways, they are, at times a law unto themselves, and it is because they have no form of identification. If they cause or create an accident they can just cycle off and forget about it.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:02 pm

SheilaO wrote:I see so many breaking the law in many different ways, they are, at times a law unto themselves, and it is because they have no form of identification.
I think the real trouble is the police are not interested in 'cycle crime'. I am a regular cyclist and I can't believe the number of children and adults who cycle in the dark with no lights.

But often on cycle paths there will be pedestrians taking up all the space and I will ring my bell for them to make room and you wouldn't believe some of the remarks and tuts and dirty looks I get, but I just say "Thank you" and cycle on.

As with cars on the road there are good and bad drivers but the majority of drivers and cyclists are polite, drive and ride carefully, you just hear about the bad ones.
My Flickr pictures look here

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by SheilaO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:14 pm

I agree Mel, not all cyclists are bad or stupid, and I know I am not inconsiderate of cyclists when I drive, but in situations, wher they have caused an accident , they should be identifiable. I have also had near misses myself, with cyclists, especially at dusk, who are stupidly riding in dark clothing with little or no lights, they don't seem to realise how vunerable they are.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 am

Why are things like washing machines so complicated now ? .My first machine was a twin tub simple but did the job.
A friend has just bought a new one and remarked that she was having problems getting it to do what she wanted and added how do older people get on with these fancy gagets.? Not everyone wants a machine that needs a Pilots licence to use it. :huh:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 am

kerch wrote:Why are things like washing machines so complicated now ?
I couldn't agree more, kerch, televisions are another example. There are loads of things mentioned in our handbook that we never use, all we want is to turn on/off, record and watch recording. The rest is window dressing.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:44 pm

It use be a telephone was just that now so complicated I don't need phone telling me meaning of life or explaining Stephen Hawkins I just want phone me mate have chat end of.
I also think talk to people don't fb them that the Jeramy Kyle generation we need to worry about

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 am

People who think they know it all, a"friend" is like that never ever wrong.
We were talking about old musical instruments and he maintain that a Vielle a roule(hurdy gurdy) wasn't all that old did n't have the technolgy to made them until recently Got so fed up that I shut up
.Googled it later and guess what been around since the middle ages and exists in many different styles all over Europe .No use telling him he's the sort who would say Google had got it wrong............. :argument:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 am

Perhaps he's got one of these at home, kerch and is a bit confused. After all it certainly hasn't been around for as long, nor has the technology. :lol:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 am

Good one BB,

he plays guitar and a yukele so not stupid when it comes to musical instruments but that one got Under his radar.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

Will be glad when this week-end is over one mini disaster after another. :roll:

Friday put washing in machine and missed a paper hanky ,washing was all dark colours .

Yesterday bought some nets for an upstairs window got the sizes wrong as it cut from a roll could n't take them back.Need the nets as the window opposite is a kitchen window and the window in my house is my bedroom. Very hot here yesterday so another trip to the shop.Sorted!!!! :oops:

This morning spent longer picking bits of paper hanky off washing than doing the ironing( very hot again)too hot to iron needs must. 8-)

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Well I intend put cannabis bottom my garden any luck we all be happy

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:29 pm

A little moan about vets charges. Had to get a written prescription from my vet so I could buy some medication for the cat on the internet (where it is 50% cheaper than from my vet's surgery). Eighteen pound for a pre-printed piece of A4 paper with his signature on it. Maybe I am getting a bit mean in my old age...but it seemed a bit of a rip off to me :shock:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 pm

It seems that way Mel. How much did you save by buying online - more than the £18? I take it when you costed it out you allowed for the prescription charge.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:43 pm

boatbuilder wrote: How much did you save by buying online - more than the £18?
I save over £100 by buying online Boatbuilder so I pay the prescription charge...but I still think it is a little excessive :(