The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Have A Moan

General discussions about nothing in particular
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Have A Moan

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

boatbuilder wrote: How much did you save by buying online - more than the £18?
I save over £100 by buying online Boatbuilder so I pay the prescription charge...but I still think it is a little excessive :(
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm

There is a section on prescriptions on this RCVS page, although nothing about the actual amount of the charge itself. I guess unlike the NHS for us, they can charge what they want. I suppose the only way to know if the charge is fair or not is to have a comparison with different vets.

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/advice-and-guida ... -and-fees/
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Re: Have A Moan about Waveney Norse

Post by jonboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:32 pm

For the last 4 weeks we (3 of us ) have been litter picking on Tuesday mornings along the cycle/walkway that runs from near Sparrows Nest Lowestoft ,down to the rear of North Quay retail park and on through Normanston Park to Oulton Broad . Waveney Norse lend us the litter picking tools but only allow us a few plastic bags to put the litter in . This week we got 5 bags between 3 people , last week 7, and 6 bags on each of the previous 2 weeks . This week alone we collected 15 bags of rubbish ( and we do fill them up to maximum ) . In total we have collected 41 bags and only been given 24 ......my moan is we have been buying our own bags to make up the short fall ......please Waveney Norse let us have more plastic bags . :shock:
This is penny pinching in the extreme .

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Jonboy, if you weren't doing that what would those routes look like? As I take it this is all voluntary it is disgusting that you have supplied almost 50% of the bags yourselves. Have you approached them about it?

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Yes Boatbuilder it is voluntary, one of us goes to the depot on Rotterdam Rd to collect the litter picking tools / plastic sacs and always asks for enough sacs for 3 pickers so i suppose the lady at Waveney Norse is going off what a team of 3 council workers would pick ( not a P C comment i suppose ) . Last week we were given 7 sacs so this week we asked for more ...and were given a partly used roll , on which there were 5 sacs left , of course we didn't know this until we have started picking.......i am sometimes lost for words.... Last year the same 3 of us picked 98....yes 98 bags of rubbish from the same track in 9 outings .
The cycle/walkway is almost clear of rubbish now, just one 100 mtr stretch to do next week so we will manage with the sacs we are given and those we bring ......until next year !

P S as an aside , we don't just pick the seen litter , we also pick the litter from under the shrubbery , in the wooded areas near Princes Walk and from the stream near to the college where the council workers would never venture .

Cowper
Male/Female: Female

Post by Cowper » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:33 am

jonboy wrote: P S as an aside , we don't just pick the seen litter , we also pick the litter from under the shrubbery , in the wooded areas near Princes Walk and from the stream near to the college where the council workers would never venture .
I think you all deserve a medal for this, and it beggars belief that they're so stingy with the black sacs, with volunteers who are doing their job for them. Have you tried getting a bit stroppy with them about it? You'd certainly have every justification. Or writing to someone in authority at WN? What can you lose, they can't sack you, can they! If all else fails, go to the National press and shame them all!

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for that Cowper . We will only be going out once more so we have left it a bit late to complain this year , but next time we will make sure we are given enough sacs. As we are always given the sacs on a part used roll, we don't know how many we have been given until we start picking , of course the ideal would be to give us a full roll would it not ?..but that would be too easy .

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Jonboy, what do you actually do with the sacks that you have filled? Do they have a vehicle to collect them or do they get you to take them to the waste disposal site? As Cowper says, you deserve a medal.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Boatbuilder...we carry all the sacs to a central point then phone Waveney Norse with the information and they arrange for them to be picked up . For example his week we carried them to a point close to Rotterdam Rd , the week before they were placed on a grass verge near to the North Quay retail park .
I must just say that the lady who first started this clean up even goes to the trouble of pushing any abandoned supermarket trolly's she finds ,back down to the retail park . Now SHE deserves a medal .

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 pm

jonboy wrote:I must just say that the lady who first started this clean up even goes to the trouble of pushing any abandoned supermarket trolly's she finds ,back down to the retail park . Now SHE deserves a medal .
She certainly does Jonboy. Just for her UK1 dancer1 champagne1
lmml.jpg
lmml.jpg (27.03 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 pm

This is not really a moan, but it annoys me when television reporters come out with ridiculous comments as one did tonight on BBC Look East. One of the reporters, Andrew Sinclair, was doing an interview with a member of the public in Great Yarmouth about issues being raised to do with the forthcoming local elections, and the woman commented about litter in a park saying "They do leave their rubbish laying around - there's enough bins on there", to which the reporter responded "It's annoying is it?" Surely that was obvious, otherwise why would she say it? :roll:

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:21 am

What you need is the video cameras that talks, two towns in France have them.There's a policeman in the control room,if he see's someone parking badly or dropping litter or doing other minor uncivic actons he asked the offender to reconsider.It seems to work .

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:11 pm

What I find most annoying is when I see a link to a story I think might be interesting - be it like this one on MSN's home page today, or even one on the local newspaper websites - is to find that to read the full story and to 'find out what it's all about', you have to keep clicking on the 'NEXT' button, which usually happens to be below a load of ads or other similar links to the one you've just been sent from, for the next short clip of the story and then have to go through a further dozen, twenty or more page downloads that are more 'ads' than 'story'. Of course the clue that it is likely to be like that, comes in that word accompanying the link - 'Sponsored'.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

For anyone who is interested enough to go through all the pages, here is the link and if you do happen to read it, then please let me know what it is all about.** :D ;) Oh, sorry I forgot to mention it - this story is also a year old! :roll: Now do I remember reading it elsewhere 12 months ago? :?
H_a_m.JPG
H_a_m.JPG (43.68 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
Note: ** In one post, not twenty! :no: :D

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:55 pm

What you could do BB is install an ad-blocker. I use Adblock plus which then gets rid of all the ads. It doesn't get rid of all the irrelevant stuff that is added to the story though.

Any way, back to the story. A 14 year old Danish lad, Daniel, had been given a project to complete for homework.

He had to research the second world war, and his father "joked" that his grandfather had mentioned a plane crashing in their field in 1944. Go and look for it he said.

After getting a metal detector, and then an excavator, they uncovered a Messerschmitt Bf 109 and from the debris recovered they managed to identify the plane and pilot.

Loads of other details in the story.
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:00 pm

I heard something come through the letterbox this afternoon and saw a person walk back up the driveway with a bundle of papers in his hand so realised it was just 'junk'.

However, later when I went into the hallway I saw not one but several items scattered about the floor behind the door. This is what they were, with three of them for various takeaways. I can put up with the odd one now and then but to have so many at one time is just not on. To me, unsolicited items being put through my letterbox in such numbers amounts to nothing more than littering my house. Littering anywhere else is considered an offence, so why not in my house? :huh:

I'm now thinking of sending them all an invoice for the advertising I have afforded them on here. ;)
junk.jpg

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 pm

I have put a note on my letter box ,PAS DU PUB S.V.P (no publicity please ) lot of people do that and it's respected by the people who deliver the publicity. :nono: