The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Have A Moan

General discussions about nothing in particular
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Have A Moan

Post by Mel » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I am having a moan about me. Yesterday I was moaning to my wife about something whilst we were out and thought to myself I would write it up in the 'Have A Moan' topic on MyLowestoft. And do you know this morning I sat at the computer and couldn't remember what I was moaning about yesterday. I asked the wife and she just shrugged and said "You are always moaning, I don't take any notice". So whatever it was I can't moan about it so I have had a moan about myself...or my forgetfulness I should say.

On a positive note it couldn't have been that important or I would have remembered.....Wouldn't I? :think:
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Mel wrote: On a positive note it couldn't have been that important or I would have remembered.....Wouldn't I? :think:
Well if it HAD been anything of real importance, I am sure your WIFE would have almost certainly remembered it. :D

Having said that I am reminded of watching a series of TV program many (about 30) years ago called 'Cities' where various celebrities presented a 'sort of guide' to their home cities and in one of those programs the actress Mai Zetterling was the guide to the city of Stockholm. One of the things I'll always remember from that program was something she quoted that was apparently said by the Swedish playwright August Strindberg - 'Women and Elephants never forget' - something that has since also been quoted by others, including women themselves. :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:03 pm

boatbuilder wrote:
Mel wrote: On a positive note it couldn't have been that important or I would have remembered.....Wouldn't I? :think:
Well if it HAD been anything of real importance, I am sure your WIFE would have almost certainly remembered it. :D

Having said that I am reminded of watching a series of TV program many (about 30) years ago called 'Cities' where various celebrities presented a 'sort of guide' to their home cities and in one of those programs the actress Mai Zetterling was the guide to the city of Stockholm. One of the things I'll always remember from that program was something she quoted that was apparently said by the Swedish playwright August Strindberg - 'Women and Elephants never forget' - something that has since also been quoted by others, including women themselves. :lol:
Is that something to do with their build then?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:32 pm

frankiesays wrote: Is that something to do with their build then?
Certainly not the ones I have met.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Cowper
Male/Female: Female

Post by Cowper » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Women HAVE to remember, because men so often don't, and it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy (in my experience). The more women make a point of remembering things, especially important things, the less men need to or have to, which in turn means the women make a special effort to remember, and so it goes on. Well, that's the situation in my house!

Cowper

Post by Cowper » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Re: SWINTON INSURANCE

I was with them for many years. They're brokers of course, and are supposed to check around and get you the cheapest price. But I changed from them about 3 years ago because despite my having never made a claim, the prices were getting ridiculous, and were by no means the most competitive. So I looked around myself and went with Tesco, which was £100-plus cheaper. But I do remember Tesco asking me for a written proof of a no claims bonus from Swinton, before they'd accept me.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Cowper wrote:Women HAVE to remember, because men so often don't, and it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy (in my experience). The more women make a point of remembering things, especially important things, the less men need to or have to, which in turn means the women make a special effort to remember, and so it goes on. Well, that's the situation in my house!
It's certainly the opposite here. :D

(Note my signature below - but it doesn't really apply to me. :lol: )

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:29 am

boatbuilder wrote:
Cowper wrote:Women HAVE to remember, because men so often don't, and it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy (in my experience). The more women make a point of remembering things, especially important things, the less men need to or have to, which in turn means the women make a special effort to remember, and so it goes on. Well, that's the situation in my house!
It's certainly the opposite here. :D

(Note my signature below - but it doesn't really apply to me. :lol: )
It's Darwin's theory proven really isn't it? As women feel they should be running everything over the centuries the area of the female brain that remembers trivial things has developed highly to the detriment of the part of the brain that remembers useful things like how a thermostat works, how to parallel park and what time the football comes on. Men on the other hand are more able to remember the important things in life but are unable to remember those things for which there is no point remembering.
It's grim up North...

Cowper

Post by Cowper » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:27 pm

OK frankie, I'll give you the parallel parking and also the thermostat, but I always know when the football is coming on, and if we're going abroad I actually remember (before leaving the house) that we need passports, tickets, EHIC cards, Euros, etc. whereas the other half only remembers these things when we're two hours down the road!

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 pm

I took the bus to Béziers this morning ,sitting oppisite me was a oldish woman.She needed to blow her nose,job done instead of putting the used tissue in one of her pockets she rolled it up and forced it in to a space between the door and a side panel.She was aware of me watching her but carried on regard less. :o

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:11 pm

I've had the dreaded call from 'Microsoft' today, apparently every time I use my computer they've detected viruses. When I asked if they wanted me to turn it on so they could access any financial details he got quite offended and told me I was being rude. After some heated 'discussion' I hung up and, believe it or not, he rang back and carried on telling me off for my attitude. I didn't know whether to post this here or 'Jokes Doing the Rounds'.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Dave wrote: After some heated 'discussion' I hung up and, believe it or not, he rang back and carried on telling me off for my attitude.

:D A scammer who don't like being caught out, I like it Dave :D
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Dave, you should have said you were a close friend of Bill Gates to see how he responded. :lol:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:27 pm

It was when he rang back that any thoughts that he might be genuine went out of the window. I think he'll have to brush up his phone technique, I won't be giving him 10/10 on 'Scammers.com'. :D :) :lol:
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by SheilaO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Twice this week I have been hit by Cyclists in a pedestrian area. The first time was while walking on a pavement in Lowestoft, I was hit in the back by a cyclist riding on the pavement, I was walking beside Eddie, and he obviously couldn't get past us on the outside so he squeezed between myself and the wall, he didn't even sound his bell.
The second time was in Lower Goat Lane in Norwich, he was cycling towards me amongst a crowd of pedestrians, so I didn't see him, he hit my shoulder quite hard, twisting my back and knee, it was quite painful.
Both cyclist knew what they did because they shouted their apologies, neither stopped, but cycled away at speed. I believe cyclist should have to have a license and license plate for identification.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

I couldn't agree more, Sheila. Unless there is a designated cycle path marked along the footpath then cyclists should be using the road. I was out walking one day last week on Hollowgrove way and the footpath is only about 4-foot wide where I was and a cyclist went whizzing past me from behind. Had I happened to have stepped slightly to one side at the wrong time then I could have easily been hit. Again, no warning bell to indicate he was coming up the footpath at considerable speed.