The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

A New Chat Room Has Been Installed.

Site comments and suggestions. You can post a public comment here or you can PM an admin or moderator if there is a site issue you wish to bring up.
alice
Male/Female: female

A New Chat Room Has Been Installed.

Post by alice » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:12 am

Look to the top right hand corner of the page, next to the FAQ and Members buttons. Click on the word CHAT and you'll go to the room. The number next to CHAT is the number of people inside the room talking. If you "hover" over the number, you'll see a list of the people inside.

alice

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Male

Re: A New Chat Room Has Been Installed.

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:43 pm

This new chat room seems much more user friendly. You don't have to log in separately as before and you can see who's in chat at a glance, which is great. Perhaps you may see someone in chat to easily and quickly invite to a game in the games arcade! Not many takers as yet, but I have tried out the chat with Meryl earlier, seems like a winner Alice! :D
The black dog of Bungay.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Not only has it been installed, it's been tried & proved to work!! :D
Thanks to everyone concerned.

Annie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Male/Female: Female

Post by Annie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Wow well done Alice just what we have been waiting for dancer1

alice

Post by alice » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Do you know about the place at the bottom of the main page where you can see who's online? If you are logged into the chat room, your name will show up with an asterisk and when you hover over the name, you'll see a notice that YourName is In Chat. So there's another place to see who's logged in to chat.

alice

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:37 am

Every time I log on I look up at the chatroom and it always has a big fat O by it am I logging on at the wrong times or isnt it being used or am I doing something wrong as when I clicked on the chat forum it says I dont have permission to see the posts ?
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Gary » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 am

Hi FC, I guess if it says zero then nobody wants to chat, :( but the chat room itself works fine! There just aren't enough people that either know about it or want to use it. Also you have to be logged in to use it, so outsiders can't just dive in! :mrgreen:
The black dog of Bungay.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 am

I am always logged on gary why does it not let me view the posts in the chat room thread?
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 am

funkychick wrote:Every time I log on I look up at the chatroom and it always has a big fat O by it am I logging on at the wrong times or isnt it being used or am I doing something wrong as when I clicked on the chat forum it says I dont have permission to see the posts ?
I HAVE JUST ENTERED THE CHAT ROOM AND LEFT THE MESSAGE "JUST TESTING" HAVE A LOOK AND SEE IF YOU CAN SEE
THAT

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Gary » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 pm

funkychick wrote:I am always logged on gary why does it not let me view the posts in the chat room thread?
Hi FC, Are you talking about not being able to see what's been or being said in the chat room itself, or do you mean the chat forum at the bottom of the main board? :?
The black dog of Bungay.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Gary the chat forum at the bottom of the board Just wondered why it said I couldn't view any posts, whats that about?

I have popped in the chatroom and can see that ok, its just that I ve never seen anyone in there. although I'm not on here lots like you I do pop in and out a few times a day and evening and never seen anything but a 0 in the chat box at the top

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Gary » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I think the chat forum is now largely defunct as this was where the original chat room for this board was located, so that could be why.
I have chatted with a few people in the chat room and it works quite well. I am surprised that the chat room isn't more popular, as I know lots of people raved about the old chat room on LOL and begged its return, perhaps they are all shy FC?
:oops:
The black dog of Bungay.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Ok I'll just keep waiting until I see a magic number in the brackets

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Gary » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm

You can also see if someone is in the chat room from the bottom of the main board, where you see who is online as they will have an asterisk against their name. So, for example funkychick* 8-)
The black dog of Bungay.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Gary wrote: I am surprised that the chat room isn't more popular, as I know lots of people raved about the old chat room on LOL and begged its return, perhaps they are all shy FC? :oops:
The old chat room on Lowestoft Online was excellent because whenever someone was in it a waving smiley came up at the top of every single page of the forums for each person that was in the chatroom. They were unmissable, so it was much easier to see them & have a spontanious chat.

I've used the chatroom here, & while it works there are no waving smileys on each page, & I haven't actually noticed anyone in the chatrooms these last few weeks. Maybe it's just that the people who brought the chatrooms to life in the good old days are no longer around?