The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Golly that was quick

Welcome to MyLowestoft.com! We're a community of people with a common tie to Lowestoft, albeit sometimes those ties are pretty thin! If you are here to harangue, troll or test your soapbox, there are better places on the web than here. If you are here to be a part of a friendly community, you've found the right place. New members can test the waters here.
Please read any forum rules that may be displayed on the topics before you post. And again, Welcome aboard! :welcome:

If you're not yet a member you can join up by clicking HERE or on the 'Register' link at the top of the page.
SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Golly that was quick

Post by SheilaO » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Hello Everybody, thank you Admin for opening the door so quickly. dancer1

I am another ex Streetlifer, who loves Lowestoft, even though I have only lived here a few years, I moved from Norwich, but have been a regular visitor to Lowy for many, many years, when the opportunity arose to move here, I came running. The sea is in my blood, I was born in Liverpool, and was brought up on the west coast of Scotland.

This looks like a pleasant and interesting site, so I look forward to joining in
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Golly that was quick

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome, SheilaO. I'm now not the only Liverpool-born member on here. I moved away over 40 years ago but still fond of the city - and the football team that takes its name from it. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 pm

SheilaO wrote:This looks like a pleasant and interesting site, so I look forward to joining in
Welcome and hello SheilaO 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

Toni D
Male/Female: Female B

Post by Toni D » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14 am

I agree, another ex streetlight here! We moved here five years ago and love it. Used to go on SL to find out about local things and am hoping to be able to do that here instead ( once I find out how to navigate my way around :D )

BAK

Post by BAK » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:42 am

And another ex-Streetlifer here - many thanks for adding me :-D Originally I'm from South London but lived here over 25 years ago, then moved around all over the place and then returned here 6 months ago to retire. Like Toni D, I'm hoping to find out about local community stuff.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:03 am

Hello and welcome Toni D and BAK, it is good to see a few new 'faces' on here and I hope this site helps you find out about stuff going on locally.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 am

Welcome to ML Toni D and BAK. We hope you find the forum useful and interesting.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:55 am

Hello SheilaO, welcome aboard and have a good time. :) :D
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Its really nice to hear people say how much they like Lowestoft. This site generally has that view with relevant moans where they are called for. So much unlike some of the other FB sites which seem to consist entirely of moans about what a dump the town is and how useless Waveney are. It's not limited to Lowestoft though, I live in North Lancs and the local FB sites are exactly the same. Nice to hear some good views for a change.
It's grim up North...

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by SheilaO » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Thank you every body that welomed my, and a welcome from me, to everybody who arrived on this thread.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein