The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Hello from another ex-Streetlifer

Welcome to MyLowestoft.com! We're a community of people with a common tie to Lowestoft, albeit sometimes those ties are pretty thin! If you are here to harangue, troll or test your soapbox, there are better places on the web than here. If you are here to be a part of a friendly community, you've found the right place. New members can test the waters here.
Please read any forum rules that may be displayed on the topics before you post. And again, Welcome aboard! :welcome:

If you're not yet a member you can join up by clicking HERE or on the 'Register' link at the top of the page.
LesleyL
Male/Female: Female

Hello from another ex-Streetlifer

Post by LesleyL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 am

Hello - I'm another refugee from the sinking Streetlife site. I tried "Nextdoor", who have taken over Streetlife, but deactivated my account in less than 24 hours. I found Streetlife a very useful source of information on topics such as the Bloodmoor Road roadworks, plans for the new bridge and progress on developments such as the new units on the North Quay retail park, the new drive through Burger King (?) behind the old town hall, and the long awaited building on the old Zephyr Cams site. There was also a great deal of other useful information about local groups and events and a few contributors whose rants and argumentative attitudes I won't miss. It's nice to keep in touch with local news and views and I look forward to exploring and contributing to MyLowestoft.com.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Hello from another ex-Streetlifer

Post by funkychick » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 am

Hello Lesley and welcome aboard we are a friendly bunch of lowestofites or ex lowestoites who still love to keep up with their town
Post away we ,look forward to hearing from you all
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 am

Hello LesleyL, welcome to MyLowestoft.com. Looking forward to your posts. drinker1
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello LesleyL, Glad to have you join us - hope you enjoy it here. I see Dave has bought the first round. :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:16 pm

boatbuilder wrote: I see Dave has bought the first round. :lol:
The first round and Pork Scratchings, boatbuilder, I'm going for a lay down. :( :o
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Loz

Post by Loz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 pm

How do you post on here please.

Loz

Post by Loz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Think I'm doing it now

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 pm

As you have found out it's pretty simple, Loz. However if you have any questions you only have to ask - we are happy to help . Oh, and welcome. :welcome:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Could I suggest that you set up a "posting tips" thread which people could post their own shortcuts they've discovered to help other new posters BB? I know there are instructions already stored where they should be but I'm thinking of us men who don't need instructions. ;-)
The "older" members could post the odd helpful tip like we used to in the Computers thread.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:52 pm

There area number of tips posted elsewhere on the site, frankie and the one which some people have problems with - the Dark Room - has a thread in there and things related to the posting of pictures. At the moment I am snowed under (metaphorically of course - but maybe not just that looking at the weather today :D ). When I have the time I'll do so but someone else is welcome to set up a topic if they wish to do so before I get round to it.

Dpeanut
Male/Female: Female

Post by Dpeanut » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi I've moved from street life also and I didn't see the point in moving next door ...all that packing would drive me insane driver3 I'm hoping to get to grips with My Lowestoft .
Yesterday was the past , tomorrow is the future, today is the present ....look after your gift :D

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:05 pm

That looks like three new members, welcome & enjoy the site. we could do with another half dozen of you & we could have a rare old chat.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Welcome to MyLowestoft Dpeanut. Glad you chose the right 'Estate Agent' for your move - was it Right Move ? :lol:

Aussie, there are about 100 new members that have joined us from Streetlife in the past few days, there are posts elsewhere under similar topic names. There's plenty of catching up for you to do. :D

Biffo

Post by Biffo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:23 am

Also a new recruit from Streetlife - after all, it is my Lowestoft and not some American company's!

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:27 am

Hiya Biffo welcome to the site enjoy posting and looking around the different rooms hopefully you ll find it interesting
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.