The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Another rat deserting the "streetlife " ship

Welcome to MyLowestoft.com! We're a community of people with a common tie to Lowestoft, albeit sometimes those ties are pretty thin! If you are here to harangue, troll or test your soapbox, there are better places on the web than here. If you are here to be a part of a friendly community, you've found the right place. New members can test the waters here.
Please read any forum rules that may be displayed on the topics before you post. And again, Welcome aboard! :welcome:

If you're not yet a member you can join up by clicking HERE or on the 'Register' link at the top of the page.
jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Another rat deserting the "streetlife " ship

Post by jonboy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello......after actually re registering with" Nextdoor " and seeing my name and address on the screen for all my neighbours (both known and unknown to me ) to see ,i have closed my account .
I both gave and received good advice on Streetlife and did like the idea of helping locals , but i would not go round giving all the local people a piece of paper with my name and address on it ,so i will not do this on line .

We moved to Lowestoft some 4 years ago after living in France for 20 years so here is a list of my personal likes and dislikes in Lowestoft .
Likes ........people.....local bus services....local parks.....beaches......friendliness of the Bridge Rd doctors surgery staff and doctors .....cycle tracks . Dislikes ......LITTER .....half hearted way the council workers cut the grass / trim hedges .( it appears they have so little pride in the work they do ) .......Lack of respect for the parking regulations ( cars parked on grass verges / double yellow lines etc ).....not much else really . Ah well my dislikes should start a bit of a debate . :argument:

Regards ....Jonboy

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Another rat deserting the "streetlife " ship

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Welcome to MyLowestoft jonboy. A couple of my pet hates are in your list there - cars parking on grass verges (or the pavement for that matter) and the litter which I get pi**ed off picking up off my front garden. As far as double-yellow line parking is concerned, well that is a yes/no thing where I am concerned. Yes, it is alright to legally park on the d-y's if you are a blue badge holder as I do it myself sometimes when my wife is with me as she holds one, BUT I always make sure it is in a safe place and won't cause any inconvenience to other road users.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:00 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Welcome to MyLowestoft jonboy. A couple of my pet hates are in your list there - cars parking on grass verges (or the pavement for that matter) and the litter which I get pi**ed off picking up off my front garden. As far as double-yellow line parking is concerned, well that is a yes/no thing where I am concerned. Yes, it is alright to legally park on the d-y's if you are a blue badge holder as I do it myself sometimes when my wife is with me as she holds one, BUT I always make sure it is in a safe place and won't cause any inconvenience to other road users.
If you are picking litter off your gardenn BB can I assume you are still open plan and have not "fenced" your plot.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:10 pm

It is still open, Frankiesays but I don't think a fence makes a lot of difference when it's windy. I even went into the back garden the other day and that has 6ft fences all around and there was a large plastic bag on one of the borders which no doubt had blown in unless our Freddie brought it into the garden. :D Yesterday I also found a cereal bar wrapper (nothing I bought) inside the house near the cat flap so maybe he has started having those for his breakfast. :lol:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:37 pm

boatbuilder wrote: Yesterday I also found a cereal bar wrapper (nothing I bought) inside the house near the cat flap so maybe he has started having those for his breakfast. :lol:
My wife keeps finding empty chocolate wrappers about the house; how the cat brings them in I will never know as she is a housecat!! ;) ;) :D
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Maybe someone is a 'secret chocolate eater' Mel, like the R.Whites 'secret lemonade drinker'. Now I wonder who that could be? :think:

Peter S

Post by Peter S » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 am

I too am an ex streetlife rat, joined nextdoor the day it came up about switching, within a few hours was e-mailed to tell me , I was the first to Register in my area, then that I had been appointed area leader, that looked O.K. Then I received several e-mails about people leaving nextdoor, and as leader did I want to contact them. It gave their full names, and addresses. I quickly removed myself as leader, then de registered completely. This is my first post on here, I did enjoy streetlife, well most of it, so here goes.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:21 am

Hello and welcome Peter S. Hope you enjoy this site as much (or better ;) ) than streetlife 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

PeteB

Post by PeteB » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am

Peter S wrote:...Then I received several e-mails about people leaving nextdoor, and as leader did I want to contact them. It gave their full names, and addresses...
I strongly suspect that's a breach of the Data Protection Act, unless they've been very crafty with the way they've registered. Assuming they have registered, of course!

Regards, PeteB (another deserter!) - boy, is it quiet on StreetLife today.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Welcome to MyLowestoft Peter S. :welcome: I hope you find the forum to your liking. If you have any questions you only have to ask and we'll do what we can to help.