The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What is your favourite supermarket?

All things food related. Recipes, What's for Dinner, wine and drink, grocery shopping and general chat about all things food.

What is your favourite supermarket?

Tesco
7%
Marks & Spencer
10%
Co-op or Rainbow
No votes
Waitrose
7%
Sainsburys
3%
ASDA
3%
Spar
No votes
Lidl
17%
Aldi
17%
Morrisons
37%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 30

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: What is your favourite supermarket?

Post by funkychick » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I m really very happy with Lldl I don't think we need any more in our area 2 (3) Tescos 2 Morrisons A variety of Coop s, Asda, Lidl and Aldi
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by frankiesays » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:14 pm

I doubt you'll see either Waitrose or Sainsbury come to Lowestoft, maybe Pakefield and possibly Beccles.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:19 pm

I think we would class Pakefield as Lowestoft but it probably wouldn't even be Pakefield - more likely the South Lowestoft Industrial Estate which attracts the area name of Gisleham.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 pm

I thought I would post this in this topic as it is something to do with supermarkets.

After cleaning my teeth this morning and I was using the mouthwash which these days I normally buy in Aldi (own brand), I remembered that last week I bought a new bottle of a similar one from Morrisons (own brand) as I had decided to shop there for convenience as I was pushed for time. I decided to compare the two products and discovered that they were identical as far as ingredients and bottle were concerned. I took a few pictures and have edited them here which show the ingredient lists, and the bottle numbers on the base of the bottles. (The bottle numbers are identical followed by a different number after an oblique '/' which would just be the particular mould number at the bottle manufacturers. These two mouthwashes are almost certainly produced by the same manufacturer.

And the point of this post you may well ask? The difference in the price I paid - Aldi - 95p, Morrisons £1.44 :roll:
Ingredients.jpg
Bottle Mould Numbers A&M.jpg
Mouthwash Contents.jpg

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 pm

What if you don't have a fav supermarket but use just about ALL except the odd one or two of your list? :think: :D
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Surely you tend to use one more than any other. Well if not you, Mrs. nikkai. :D

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 pm

I do as I'm told and even though the Boss work's used to work for the Co-oP we would trapes around various to get "that bargain cheaper item" from here there and well you guess but I have tried to say then the pennies saved here there and whatever may be used up in FUEL getting there :argument:
But hey ho I will di most things for the quiet life, include continue to work now she has RETIRED :o
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey