The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What's For Supper/Dinner?

All things food related. Recipes, What's for Dinner, wine and drink, grocery shopping and general chat about all things food.
MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: What's For Supper/Dinner?

Post by MEG » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Went to Cheddars for lunch so brought home some chicken tenders and I made a sandwich for my supper,Bob ate his with honey mustard dipping sauce.Then same T.V. as you Karen.I love Sunday night T.V.Just wish Saturday had a better lineup.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Trigger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

“Blackcurrant Fool Cake” Moist buttery sponge infused with a sugar syrup filled with British Blackcurrant Jam and topped with buttercream swirled with blackcurrant jam

NB “A fool is an English dessert. Traditionally, fruit fool is made by folding pureed stewed fruit into sweet custard. Modern fool recipes often skip the traditional custard and use whipped cream.”
Attachments
P1010525_01 (1034 x 842).jpg
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:57 am

Was that your 'elevenses' Trigger? ..Image
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:49 pm

I borrowed the cake from my neighbour so I could photograph it! The "missing" wedge had already been removed. :roll:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm

You omitted the final five words to your post...."and if you believe that!" :lol:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am

Trigger wrote:I borrowed the cake from my neighbour so I could photograph it! :roll:
Is it a bought cake or homemade Trigger it certainly looks very tasty. I had a Swiss roll the other day (didn't have it long enough to take a picture) which was bought from 'Heils' and it was the tastiest and most scrumptious Swiss roll I have had the pleasure to devour in ages :D
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:52 am

Mel wrote:Is it a bought cake or homemade Trigger it certainly looks very tasty.
It's a bought one - got it in M&S @ Norwich. It's a new range "Tastes of the British Isles' - it might eventually appear on the local shelves! I'm quite a dab hand at cake making - but don't make them now. sadface4

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by Karen » Fri May 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Today I made tacos for supper. Yum!

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat May 16, 2015 3:20 pm

A couple of recent “enjoys” (for me) have been:

Blueberry Ice Cream - from Walls’ Carte d’ Or. Abso-bloomin’-lutely delish!

M&S Cheese & Pickle Beef Burgers. Not a great fan of Beefburgers - but read about these and they seemed . . . interesting! I have one every so often so as a weekend treat!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:47 pm

boatbuilder wrote:How about 'Baby Lizard Curry' ?
As long as one is not a vegetarian I can't see any problem with a lizard curry :lol:

After reading your link Boatbuilder I came across this story. Black Widow spiders found in a bunch of grapes
Spiders I think that would bother me more than the lizard.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:00 pm

When I worked at the Coop cannery, we had a 20 tonne container load of tomato puree arrive at the factory and one of the fork lift operatives was bitten by a snake that was hidden among the pallets. Not sure if the load had arrived from Greece or Turkey but fortunately the snake wasn't venomous.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:51 pm

I've just been preparing the vegetables ready for our evening meal.

This week I saw that the supermarket had packs of fresh peas and broad beans so I decided to buy a pack of each. The pack of peas was declared weight of 454 grams (incl.pods) and last night I used half of them with our evening meal which was adequate for two people, although I never actually weighed the peas after removing the pods.

On that basis, I decided that I would use half of the broad beans today so weighed out half in pods. The total weight of the pack was declared at 500 grams (incl. pods) but actually weighed 530 grams. After I had podded half I realised that there was insufficient for two people so did the remainder of the pack. Out of the 530 gram pack I got just 117 grams of beans - barely enough. Priced at £1.99 per kilo in the pods, that works out at £8.50 a kilo for the podded beans. What a rip-off. I certainly won't be buying those fresh again. Some of the pods had as few as three beans in them and the pods were, on average, about 8 inches in length.

When I use the remainder of the peas tomorrow, I will make a point of weighing those.

Those beans work out nearly as expensive, kilo for kilo, as the steak I bought for the meal. :roll:

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:18 pm

I never like broad beans although both my parents did.They are called fava beans over here I think.Didn't want to put the oven on to cook since it is so hot outside and didn't want the A/C to run more.We will have Luigi's pizza,when Michelle and Terry get here.Half price for eat in or take-away every Sunday.Delicious pizza on thin crust.Today we fwil get one bacon,ham and cheddar, and one half ham & pineapple and the other half pepperoni!

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 am

Yesterday I had Roast Chicken for lunch - with Roast Potatoes (basted with Beef dripping - thank you M&S!), veggies, and Yorkshire Pud - which my Aunt Bessie makes for me! Admittedly, it was rather hot in the kitchen! cook2

PS Also had a very small glass of chilled Chardonnay!