The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Scotch Creme Eggs anyone?

All things food related. Recipes, What's for Dinner, wine and drink, grocery shopping and general chat about all things food.
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Scotch Creme Eggs anyone?

Post by Trigger » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 am

A creative butcher has cooked up a unusual take on an Easter favourite - Scotch Creme Eggs.

Graham Eyes created the seasonal snacks in a bid to entice more customers through the doors of his shop in Southport, Merseyside. The 53-year-old is renowned locally for his unusual concoctions and, after the success of last year's Cadbury's Mini Egg sausages, he was looking for another way to brighten up Easter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aster.html
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Scotch Creme Eggs anyone?

Post by frankiesays » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 am

Trigger wrote:A creative butcher has cooked up a unusual take on an Easter favourite - Scotch Creme Eggs.

Graham Eyes created the seasonal snacks in a bid to entice more customers through the doors of his shop in Southport, Merseyside. The 53-year-old is renowned locally for his unusual concoctions and, after the success of last year's Cadbury's Mini Egg sausages, he was looking for another way to brighten up Easter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aster.html
It won't be brightening up my Easter for sure sadface1
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:08 am

frankiesays wrote: It won't be brightening up my Easter for sure
Mine neither! Apart from anything else, Cadbury's Crème Eggs are far too sickly for my taste! And the combination of the two ingredients sounds enough to put anyone off!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 am

Trigger wrote:A creative butcher has cooked up a unusual take on an Easter favourite - Scotch Creme Eggs.
I think I will stick to traditional Easter fare; hot cross buns and chocolate eggs does it for me and not forgetting simnel cake, I can't say I have seen a simnel cake for sale this year although I am sure they must be out there somewhere.
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 am

Mel wrote:
I think I will stick to traditional Easter fare; hot cross buns and chocolate eggs does it for me and not forgetting simnel cake, I can't say I have seen a simnel cake for sale this year although I am sure they must be out there somewhere.
Me too!! Though I've just realised I've only got one HxB left - so must get some more! I last saw Simnel Cakes was, I think in M&S's Foodery!! :D

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 pm

You can probably get creme eggs battered and fried if you find the right Scottish chip shop?
It's grim up North...