The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

The photos that usually get binned!

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: The photos that usually get binned!

Post by Trigger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

If you go to the woods today,
You better not go alone.
It's lovely down in the woods today -
But safer to stay at home . . .

. . . 'cos there's demonic squirrels down there!
Attachments
DSC_0302_03.jpg
DSC_0302_03.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon May 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Sallied forth to Everitt's Park yesterday - not knowing there was Powerboat Racing - well, I don't know everything! :roll: Despite it being my first attempt I quickly switched camera to 1/500th second setting - the photo below is the first one I took! And, out of the 80+ shots I took - only 12 were of just the water - but I haven't included them! :lol:
Attachments
DSC_0008_07.jpg
DSC_0008_07.jpg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed May 11, 2016 4:28 pm

When first viewing the photos I took early this morning I was surprised to see a ‘mysterious black thing” on five of them (sequentially) then it was gone. A piece of muck? U.F.O.? Or a bug of the flying sort? :D
Attachments
DSC_0014_03.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed May 11, 2016 4:34 pm

I think only you can answer that one, Trigger. How much time between taking each of the images, or was the camera in 'continuous shooting' mode and you took five shots in quick succession? My best guess is there was something on your lens, if it's in the same position on each image.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed May 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Methinks it's most likely - a bug of the flying sort - or, maybe, I picked up a bit of fluff! :roll: It's on seven shots each taken roughly 5 - 10 seconds apart. Definitely not a 'mark' on the lens - and no damage - phew!
Attachments
DSC_0015_03.jpg
DSC_0015_03.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Thu May 12, 2016 7:45 am

Micro moth ?

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu May 12, 2016 8:03 am

Nah! More likely a MACRO moth! :D I just hope it wiped it's feet before landing on the lens! Think it was an insect of some sort (going by the shape) rather than a bit of dirt.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Clearly a UFO Trigger, you should send them to NASA.
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:58 am

I hate NOSEY cats!

Walking home after shopping, there was an entrance way to a house and, lying on the path was a cat which was almost asleep (though I must admit it was watching m e through half-open eyes!). I stopped, put down my shopping and took my camera from my pocket. As I did so I switched the camera on, peered at the screen and . . . no cat! I looked down - and there it was . . . gently rubbing its head against the shopping bag and trying to peer inside. Cats! Aaargh!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Of course the cat would do that if you didn't ask its permission for a photoshoot before you pointed your camera at it. It probably thought you were the 'Papacatzzi' . :lol:

I guess you never took a photo as you haven't posted one or did you bin it first? :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:22 pm

boatbuilder wrote: I guess you never took a photo as you haven't posted one or did you bin it first? :D
No - wasn't allowed to take one! Sorry forgot to say in OP that I didn't manage to get a photo! Didn't know where else to post my "tail" of woe! :D

PS Perhaps this needs to be retitled - adding "Or the photo that nearly got taken" which would be the equivalent of the fisherman's tale of "the one that got away"! :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:34 pm

It doesn't really matter but the monthly chat topic covers anything and everything that doesn't fit anywhere else, Trigger. I was just expecting to see a picture in the post, thats all, and was disappointed. :(

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Trigger wrote:[PS Perhaps this needs to be retitled - adding "Or the photo that nearly got taken" which would be the equivalent of the fisherman's tale of "the one that got away"! :lol:
My "photo that nearly got taken" story happened on Carlton Marshes a few years ago. The wife and I were down there one end of summer evening and it started to rain so I put my camera in my bag; within five minutes of doing so we spotted a mink sitting on a bridge over one of the dykes...sadly he spotted us too and before I could get my camera back out of my bag he shot off and disappeared into the reeds. If I live to be a hundred I doubt if I will ever see a wild mink again...but I don't put my camera away now just for a few drops of rain!!
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:02 pm

BB: So sorry you were disappointed! sadface4

I had placed my shopping beside my left foot - and by the time I’d got my camera (only a few seconds!) the cat was beside my bag - and too close to get a photo. I really wanted a photo of the cat in a “som-no-lent posture”!

PS The last two words (as written) come from a very well-known Monolgue - which is? :huh:

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:08 pm

If it looks as might rain I take a plastic bag with me the sort that made for veges etc,useful if there's only a few drops of rain.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 am

kerch wrote:If it looks as might rain I take a plastic bag with me the sort that made for veges etc,useful if there's only a few drops of rain.
That's the advantage of being an organised person, Kerch! :D