The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Landscapes & Waterscapes

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Re: Landscapes & Waterscapes

Post by SheilaO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

FrankIe wrote:Sunset over The Thames.
Love this Frankie
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by SheilaO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:17 pm

I am sorry I am still trying to get used to the site, so I missed all the beautiful pictures on this page, but a bit late, I know, I have seen them now but not left myself enough space to comment, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them all.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:32 pm

SheilaO wrote:Winter tides at Southwold
I hope you were on the pier when you took that SheilaO and not in a small boat. boat1 :lol:
SheilaO wrote:I am sorry I am still trying to get used to the site, so I missed all the beautiful pictures on this page, but a bit late, I know, I have seen them now but not left myself enough space to comment, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them all
There's no lack of space on the forum Sheila - it's unlimited.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by SheilaO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 pm

boatbuilder wrote:
I hope you were on the pier when you took that SheilaO and not in a small boat. boat1 :lol:
I don't think my stomach would have stood up to it :mrgreen:
boatbuilder wrote:
SheilaO wrote:I am sorry I am still trying to get used to the site, so I missed all the beautiful pictures on this page, but a bit late, I know, I have seen them now but not left myself enough space to comment, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them all
There's no lack of space on the forum Sheila - it's unlimited.
It was just that I had posted, before I realized there were things to look at :roll:
Albert Einstein

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Taken from the next lock up from Villenuve .
Attachments
_MG_9669-1BB.jpg

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Have they not had their plane trees cut down there Kerch?
It's grim up North...

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 am

Some yes ,they have decided to leave heathly trees alone .Where the barge is moored some have gone and just beyond the barge on the right and a bit further up on the left several have gone ,not easy to see the gaps from the angle of the photo.

FrankIe

Post by FrankIe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:39 am

Cracking shot from the Pier SheilaO.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

We had a fruitless wait for the Scots Guardsman steam train to come across Arnside Viaduct - it was late so I took a couple of stills instead, you can see a class 37 train going over it here
Attachments
Arnside Viaduct.jpg
Sun Setting Over Arnside.jpg
It's grim up North...

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

The second photo is my favorite.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

I dug out some old 35mm slides recently and came across these, they are just three of a batch taken on a very stormy day back in 78/79, can't remember which, I took a few at Oulton Broad too. I remember being very disappointed at the time I had them developed because a fault became apparent as soon as I looked at them. It appears that either the film had not located correctly when I loaded it or they were developed incorrectly. Most of the slides in that batch returned OK but it looks like you can see light getting through the sprocket holes of the film thus over exposing them. I didn't throw them away because I thought they would mature in interest with age. I posted them on Facebook this week on one of the Lowestoft sites so you may have seen them already. The one taken from the Claremont looking south and the one taken from Pakefield Rd car park both show how much the beach has built up since but this was also a very high tide which came right up to the wall under the pier too. Slides always seem to look under exposed when scanned and these were a bit dusty too.
Attachments
Stormy Sea 3.jpg
Stormy Sea 2.jpg
Stormy Sea 1.jpg
It's grim up North...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 am

frankiesays wrote:I didn't throw them away because I thought they would mature in interest with age.
They certainly have Frankiesays. Old photos tend to jog the memory cells a bit, seeing the old pier buildings; the toilets on the beach at the Claremont Pier, had forgotten all about them. Did notice there is a large rig near the SLP yard...don't know whether it is in Hamilton Dock or just the other side of the seawall.
My Flickr pictures look here

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Mel wrote:
frankiesays wrote:I didn't throw them away because I thought they would mature in interest with age.
They certainly have Frankiesays. Old photos tend to jog the memory cells a bit, seeing the old pier buildings; the toilets on the beach at the Claremont Pier, had forgotten all about them. Did notice there is a large rig near the SLP yard...don't know whether it is in Hamilton Dock or just the other side of the seawall.
I think it was still sat on the North Extension Mel. The men's loos reminded me of the days as a kid when we had to venture in there with no shoes on - horrible cold wet floor, wet with I wonder what? Usually had to take a paddle in the sea immediately after.
It's grim up North...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:46 am

Making hay while the sun shines 8-)
mhml.jpg
My Flickr pictures look here

Mel
Gold Member