The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

People

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: People

Post by nikkai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Is it me or does the dog look embarrassed ?
The look sort of say's "There's a great place to lay down and hide from this lot over there"
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Not so much embarrassed nikkai, more pi**ed-off I would think. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by SheilaO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Here is one of the Molly men who danced at Pakefield before Christmas. Molly men, were originally a group of out of work ploughboys, who danced for money, if they didn't get any money they would play tricks on the land owners, as they were hoping to get work from them in the future, they disguised themselves by blacking up, so they weren't recognised, and refused employment in the future.
Attachments
Molly Dancer at Pakefield.JPG
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by SheilaO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm

nikkai wrote:Is it me or does the dog look embarrassed ?
The look sort of say's "There's a great place to lay down and hide from this lot over there"
He certainly looks to me, as if he's saying, "If I look in this direction, no one will know I'm wit them.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:45 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Not so much embarrassed nikkai, more pi**ed-off I would think. :D
edml.jpg
;) :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm

"John"
Attachments
DSCN0467_03.jpg
DSCN0467_03.jpg (114.66 KiB) Viewed 286 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by SheilaO » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm

What a face, well caught
Albert Einstein

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:02 am

Love this one Mel you are so brave at taking shots of people I never dare I always think I m infringing and I love upset them
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:57 am

SheilaO wrote:What a face, well caught
Thank you - that's what I thought - a real 'face of character'! It was at Everitt's park where I was taking photos - and he and his wife started chatting and we stood there for a while. Eventually I plucked up the courage to ask if I could take his photo - and he readily agreed!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:24 am

I thought it might have been a 'selfie' Trigger. :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 am

boatbuilder wrote:I thought it might have been a 'selfie' Trigger. :D
You to wonder . . . me to know! But remember - John is quite a common name. :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 pm

funkychick wrote:Love this one Mel you are so brave at taking shots of people I never dare I always think I m infringing and I love upset them
FC, you obviously weren't fully awake at 6-02am this morning - the picture was by Trigger, not Mel. :lol:

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:32 pm

boatbuilder wrote:
FC, you obviously weren't fully awake at 6-02am this morning - the picture was by Trigger, not Mel. :lol:
But please remember . . . it's easier to spell 'Mel' than 'John' @ at that time in the morning! :roll:

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 pm

whoops sorry Trigger lovely pictures
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 pm

funkychick wrote:whoops sorry Trigger lovely pictures
No apology needed I assure you, fc! :) Re: the "problem" asking people if you can take their photo. I recommend starting with asking people if you can take a photo of their dog - never had a refusal, and you can one of the dog and of them with their dog.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Trigger wrote:
funkychick wrote:whoops sorry Trigger lovely pictures
No apology needed I assure you, fc! :) Re: the "problem" asking people if you can take their photo. I recommend starting with asking people if you can take a photo of their dog - never had a refusal, and you can one of the dog and of them with their dog.
Ah, but what do you do if they haven't got a dog? Ask for a picture of their wife? :D