The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Birds And Animals

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Birds And Animals

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Was experimentating! with the multi-shot facility (or whatever it's called) - took over 100 shots! 8-) As the light was beginning to fade - the 1/300 - ISO 100 wasn't fast enough but - here's a couple of them - sharpened up! :roll:
P1040544_07.jpg
P1040544_07.jpg (55.57 KiB) Viewed 65 times
P1040536_07.jpg
P1040536_07.jpg (52.81 KiB) Viewed 65 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 pm

The second shot looks like the gull is taking a bow Trigger :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:22 am

Mel wrote:The second shot looks like the gull is taking a bow Trigger :)
But of course - I don't expect anything less - although I did miss the applause! :lol:

PS Another gull photo - sorry! Reason for posting it - previous gull pix were taken using 'continuous shooting' facility; for this I saw the gull, took 3 single shots - and this was the last one. Info: 1/320th - f5.6 - ISO 125.
Attachments
DSC00010_017.jpg
DSC00010_017.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 82 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Trigger wrote: Another gull photo -
Caught it just right there Trigger.

Going through Kirkley Cemetery I spotted this bird sitting on a gravestone; I couldn't get very close but did manage to get this shot off before it flew away. Checked it out in my bird book when I got home and found out it was a female merlin. First one for me 8-)
mlml.jpg

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Mel wrote:
Trigger wrote: Another gull photo - [/quote

Going through Kirkley Cemetery I spotted this bird sitting on a gravestone; I couldn't get very close but did manage to get this shot off before it flew away. Checked it out in my bird book when I got home and found out it was a female merlin. First one for me 8-)
mlml.jpg
That's just showing off now! :D But, well spotted! You're not becoming a twitcher, are you? The only unusual bird that I've ever seen here, in town, was a Sparrowhawk. It flew past the kitchen window as I slaved away at the washing up - when I looked later there were feathers and a bones from the victim!

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 am

Mel wrote:Going through Kirkley Cemetery I spotted this bird sitting on a gravestone; I couldn't get very close but did manage to get this shot off before it flew away. Checked it out in my bird book when I got home and found out it was a female merlin. First one for me 8-)

mlml.jpg
I might have to revise my opinion that the bird was a merlin as talking to a member of the falconry display team at Holkham Hall he said it may be a juvenile kestrel. Luckily I hadn't ticked it off in my Twitcher Log Book :lol: :lol:

This is a juvenile blue tit (I think ;) ) ...
btml.jpg

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Mother or father with baby.
Attachments
_MG_3155-1BB.jpg
_MG_3153-1BB.jpg
_MG_3150-1BB.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Lovely pictures Kerch, what a great capture.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Thank-you Mel ,no one but me by the canal when I took those photos ,for once I got Lucky.Plenty of cyclists and joggers about but just then was a lull in traffic.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:41 am

Time for a kip 8-)
plml.jpg

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 am

Had another bit of luck this morning,managed to take several photo's before a four legged friend arrived and away went the bird .It hopped to with in 2mts of where I was standing.
Attachments
_MG_3187-1BB.jpg
_MG_3192-1BB.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 am

kerch wrote:Had another bit of luck this morning...
Well caught Kerch. You make me envious ;) My chances of seeing a Hoopoe are very slim, but not impossible, they do occasionally make a visit here, but I am going to have to be very very lucky :)

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

That's the only one I've seen this summer .

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 pm

This gull tried to dive-bomb me earlier whilst hanging out some washing - just glad it wasn't a Blackbird! I went into the bathroom I could hear a lot of loud squawking from gulls - three were on my kitchen roof - (two adults + a young 'un). Later when I went to put linen out, looked up and a gull on the chimney, launch itself and swoop low in my direction! Nipped in and grabbed camera - and got this shot.
Attachments
P1040619_03.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Well I hope you have brought your washing in Trigger, as it is now raining (well, here in CC it is).
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Well I hope you have brought your washing in Trigger, as it is now raining (well, here in CC it is).
Thanks - all in safely gathered in - duvet is as snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug in the cover - and the poppers all poppered into place! :lol: