The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Guide to the posting of Pictures - UPDATE

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Guide to the posting of Pictures - UPDATE

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:31 pm

This post was originally made on February 3rd 2014 and was updated on February 3rd 2015

This is to clarify the details of picture size settings on this forum.

For UPLOADED images (those posted as attachments uploaded from your computer):

The maximum picture pixel size is now unlimited, with a maximum file size of 1-Megabyte (1,024KB) for each picture.

However, images above 600 pixels in either dimension are proportionally re-sized automatically by the site's software to a maximum width of 600 pixels for display purposes. However, by clicking on such an image you can view it in your browser at the maximum resolution that was uploaded.

For images that are linked from external websites such as flickr and photobucket:

NB: The following information has been superceeded by the contents of the next post. (8:05-pm Feb.3 2015)

There is now a maximum pixel size of 700 x 700 for images posted as links. However, as these do not take up any memory on the site's server there is no file size limit. These images are displayed on this site at 'actual size' and any images that are above these pixel dimensions will not be permitted and a message will be displayed accordingly when trying to post.

If you have any queries about this feel free to ask.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Guide to the posting of Pictures - UPDATE

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Since updating the above post earlier today, I have done some research and have now found a BBCode that will enable you to post links to your images on sites such as flickr and photobucket even if the image is larger than the permitted maximum dimensions on here of 700 x 700 pixels as indicated in the previous post, and it will automatically re-size it. I have now installed the code on to the forum and it is now ready for use.

Here's how: Click on the new 'ResizeLink' button in the BBCodes above the 'Post Reply' text box as arrowed in the picture below. Then insert the link address to the image you wish to post between the two sets of bracketed words. That's it!

Your image will be automatically re-sized and will display accordingly. Anyone can then view the image at its full size in their browser by clicking on the image.

ResizeLink.JPG
The image below is an example I have linked to one of my Flickr pictures. Just click on it to view full size:[/size]

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi BB,had a go at the resizing on the birds and animals section,not quite got the link between the brackets as the picture doesn't enlarge. :?
Perhaps you could spell it out or post an example of what you mean by link and between the brackets as I am missing something there. I know I am a pain. :roll: :lol:
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:54 pm

SB, I have posted what I mean in a post after the one you tried. It is for links to images on external websites NOT attachments. It only re-sizes the image linked if it is over 700 x 700 pixels so it will display on the forum. Anybody who clicks on it is then able to view it at its full size as it links back to the website from where it was posted. If you click on my image above you will see the URL address that displays in your address bar happens to be the images address at Flickr.

The image below is what my post above looks like when I was typing it in:
Link.JPG

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Posting of Smileys other than the ones within the forum's board.

Following an update to the PHP version that was made last night it is now NOT possible to use the links to external smileys UNLESS you place just the image url inside the Image
Attachments
Resizelink2.JPG
Resizelink2.JPG (40.14 KiB) Viewed 2456 times

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:05 am

File Sizes of Images

Following the forum update yesterday I have cleared a lot of unnecessary clutter from the server and have decided to increase the permitted file size for uploads to the forum from 1-megabyte to 2-megabytes. This may help some of you to reduce the number of file resizes you need to do before uploading images.

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by Karen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Can I post pics directly from my phone, or does it have to be from something like photobucket?

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Karen, you can post the images direct from your device - phone, tablet, etc. In fact it is preferable than from external websites. You have to reply to the posts from the main reply box, not the 'quick reply' and use the attachments tab underneath the main reply box. From in there just follow the 'Add files' link which should give you options to either take a picture or look for images on your device. You can choose your images - up to a maximum of three per post. Hope that helps.

One other thing - the images must be no more than 2-Megabytes each, in size.

The image below is what I get on the iPad so a phone is likely to be similar.
A13C5D1E-F581-4AFA-9042-E7B0B98D8EFB.png

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks, Boatbuilder :)

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Been trying to post pics from my phone, but they always come out on their side instead of the correct way. Lol, what am I doing wrong and how do I correct it? Thanks :)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Karen, I have noticed some of what you have been trying to post as they show up in the administration panel as ‘orphaned attachments’ as they stay on the server until I delete them. I am not sure if using your phone in the other orientation from what you are using - portrait if you have been using landscape or vice-versa - to take the pictures will resolve it but you can try. I find it can also be a problem with photos taken with my iPad and funkychick has also posted some similarly in the past.

If the above suggestion doesn’t resolve it for you, just post them as they are and I will correct them on my computer and re-upload them for you. Of course that is always something you can do yourself if you are able.

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 am

Thanks. Lol, it's annoying that they come out pn their sides

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:40 am

Karen, I emailed you some more information as well. Did you receive it OK?