The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Lowestoft

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Lowestoft

Post by nikkai » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I finally manage some time OFF just this weekend though I'm not sure it was of any use to me with the current way of life required.
I work with livestock so I can not have time away (unlike some who work for the same company?) I multi task now so very long hours to cover others who are "away" I send my upmost thanks out to the front-line workers and my displeasure to those who hoard !!!!
I and my family are following the guidlines for social distancing and where we can we are shielding ( the wife ) disinfects door handles letterbox covers, gates and area's which others may come in contact with should they have need to visit our abode.
At work there are five sections (2 Sow units, 1 Fat unit split into free range and outdoor, 1 weener unit with two section, 1 indoor unit.) (I think :huh: ) in all a LOT of pigs! in normal days these work fine with staff to take food, bedding, medical and water requirements along with weighing and husbandry where required but currently the farm is running with less than half its required personnel even the mechanic (me) is turning hand to where he normally isnt required.
I know and understand some things can just stop (car sales, building industry and the like) but animals do not understand this and so my dilemma began.
Leaving for work around 5.00 AM and not returning home until 19.00 PM does not leave you with muc feeling to go shopping ! so when there is a chance you get to the store to find sheves empty ?
Ok so my family and I will not starve and as for tissue paper, well there is always a wash instead !
I really do not want to turn ito the moan vain so I will again thank the front line workers and those who have to continue with working as normally as possible.

THANK YOU
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks for that post, nikkai. Well put.

Another thing that gives me displeasure is those who are being reported on the news who have no disregard for the social distancing measures. It was reported today that a gathering of 25 people in Derbyshire for a karaoke party (adults and children) had to be broken up by the police. They should all be locked up. It just said that those whose house it was at were 'dealt with' by the police, whatever that amounted to it didn't say.

I was also pleased to read that the man in Notts., who spat at a policeman and claimed he was infected has been given a 12-month jail term.

I hope your work doesn't take too much out of you, nikkai, and that the workforce can soon be strengthened to help relieve some of the extra duties you are having to withstand.

Anyway, I mustn't keep this topic 'off-topic' for too long, so will finish by just saying 'stay safe' - to both you and your family.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Kirkley Stream which runs along Tom Crisp Way has just had its overgrown banks cut back and the stream dredged.
rcml.jpg
My Flickr pictures look here

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:30 am

South Beach, Lowestoft
lbml.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:00 am

Pakefield beach with the Cunard liner Queen Victoria in the background. She was on her way to her anchorage off Kessingland where she is expected to stay until the 15th July. Picture taken on the 6th July.
pbml.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:37 pm

It wasn't there late this morning, Mel, having read your post earlier before I went out.

I went down there last Saturday and I believe it might have been there then - there was certainly a liner out there and it looked like that one. When I switched my camera on to take a picture, I forgot the battery was just about flat and had forgotten to take one of the spares with me so never got any pictures. :(

However, I got some pictures today, but no cruise liner - just this Oil/Chemical tanker STI Camden about 5 to 6 miles offshore from Pakefield.
IMG_2130cr.jpg
Plus a few other pictures...
IMG_2144rs.jpg
IMG_2146rs.jpg
IMG_2137rs.jpg
edit - 8-pm: Marine Traffic is showing the Queen Victoria more inshore - about 2Km off Southwold: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 02/zoom:14

I think this image shows the movement of the QV in the area since its arrival.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:44 pm

A few more from this morning...
IMG_2149rs.jpg
IMG_2150rs.jpg
IMG_2155rs.jpg
IMG_2152rs.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 am

Gulliver, taken from Pakefield beach, beach huts and Pakefield water tower.
IMG_2370rs.jpg
IMG_2392rs.jpg
...and who remembers where 'Hut 29' was featured? :D
IMG_2396rs.jpg
IMG_2405rs.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:44 pm

The seafront tonight.
IMG_2447rs.jpg
IMG_2453rs.jpg
IMG_2456rs.jpg
IMG_2551rs.jpg

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:17 am

The first photo looks more like a quarry than the beach I remember from my childhood ,some years there was so much sand that you could walk from the seafront onto the beach.looks as if Pakefield has gained what Lowestoft has lost.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 pm

St Peter's Church tower, Carlton Colville, taken over the rooftops from Carlton Meadow Park just after sunset tonight.
IMG_3198rs.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:55 am

Three Lowestoft landmarks. St Peter's Court, Gulliver and the Grain Silo. Seen from North Cove.
llml.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:10 am

The Carlton Colville Christmas tree, taken with the phone camera tonight.
IMG_0681crrs.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Picture taken during the recent cold spell.
sfml.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:26 am

Pakefield Beach yesterday morning.
pbml.jpg

Mel