The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Photography Chat!

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Photography Chat!

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

SanDisk SD memory card 'largest ever' - 512-Gigabytes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29175093

You wouldn't need more than one of those for your camera.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:05 pm

kerch wrote:Bought a new external hard drive a few weeks ago ,this afternoon decided to give the old one ,one more chance and lo and behold it worked managed to transfer all photos to new hard drive .Took most of the afternoon time well spent . dancer1 dancer1 dancer1
Good result Kerch 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Received an email from a professional photographer’s website that I subscribe to and found this interesting comment / site link:

“If you have a chosen subject and want to know how best to capture that genre of photography have a look at similar examples on a website such as https://500px.com/ and do a search for similar images to see how more experienced photographers have shot their images.”

Some excellent photos on there!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Had a Serendipity moment yesterday! Discovered how to get a photo from a home video!
The “attachments” to this post are the result! They’re not photograph per se - but “stills” taken from a blockbuster movie I made recently.
Feather_03.jpg
Feather_03.jpg (85.2 KiB) Viewed 981 times
Video003.jpg
Video003.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 981 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Was the squirrel signing his contract
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Trigger wrote: Discovered how to get a photo from a home video!
Will have to get my camera manual out Trigger as my camera takes video but I have never used it for 'movies', it would come in handy if you can take stills from it.

Saw this picture in today's paper, you can't help smiling Smiling Camel
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Mel wrote: my camera takes video but I have never used it for 'movies', it would come in handy if you can take stills from it.
I use Picasa - to download pix & flix! If you click on a saved video clip - Picasa opens another page where you can run the clip - stop it where required - then just click on the button on the left-hand side marked "Take snapshot" - and just save the image!
Attachments
Snapshot.jpg
Snapshot.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Gotcha! Eagle-eyed photographer captures moment bird of prey swoops down to grab its dinner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... inner.html

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Sony's Innovative New Sensor Will Shoot 6K Video at 240fps & 2K at 16,000fps

Innovation in digital sensor technology has seemingly moved at a snail's pace over the past few years. However, a leaked document with details about an upcoming Sony sensor suggests that we should be preparing for a massive leap forward in the very near future. Early information about the new sensor, which was leaked on the the Chinese technology site cnBeta, states that the sensor will come in at a size of 1.5" -- a rough equivalent to Micro 4/3 -- and that it will be able to record 6K video at up to 240fps and 2K video at an astounding 16,000fps.

http://nofilmschool.com/2014/11/sonys-i ... k-16000fps

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Any recommendations on which bridge camera to get myself for Christmas? I'm looking to spend no more than £250 and like the look of the Panasonic FZ72 and the Sony HX300. I want a good zoom range and a decent viewfinder, I like the idea of being able to stitch photos together within the camera, a swivelable LCD, the ability to go totally manual or automatic and would like a hot-shoe although it looks like I'm not going to get all those things on the same camera.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 pm

I bought a Fuji bridge camera several years ago before I bought an SLR and was very pleased with the results from it. The one in this link is a little more than you want to pay but it seems to have most of what you want.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks BB. sounds like good advice, I'd not considered this camera and the price is down to £200 from a couple of places. I will look at some more reviews tomorrow but at them moment it looks to be the favourite.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 am

Landmark shots from the history of photography go on display

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30175710

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:41 pm

And there was me hoping to see the lady in the tennis skirt scratching her buttocks, another disappointment. ;-(
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Wasn't that a man with long hair? :D

Not really! - So just for you Frankie. http://www.popartuk.com/sport/tennis-gi ... poster.asp

Those who might be offended should not click on the above link! :o

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Yay! On second thoughts her legs look a bit hairy with the sun in front of her, are you sure it is not Bjorn Bjorg or whatever his name is?
It's grim up North...