The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Photography Chat!

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Photography Chat!

Post by frankiesays » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Yay! On second thoughts her legs look a bit hairy with the sun in front of her, are you sure it is not Bjorn Bjorg or whatever his name is?
It's grim up North...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:44 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Those who might be offended should not click on the above link! :o
You have just got to click on it after getting that sort of message Boatbuilder; sadly I wasn't offended :)

On the subject of the poster in question I saw a copy recently on the TV, I think it may have been on a wall in a scene in the programme 'The Detectorists'...a quirky little comedy on BBC4.
My Flickr pictures look here

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Used to have one of those posters on the wall at work many moons ago (wish I could have said it was mine) and took it with me when I finished the course
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:09 pm

I say BB, those posters are a bit cheeky. Penguin1 :lol:
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: the bare-cheeked female tennis player - The model was 18-year-old Fiona Butler - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_Girl
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I guess you thought you would be offended by my earlier link Trigger. :oops:

Those who dared click on it would know who she was as it stated on that page.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 am

I saw her interviewed on the TV earlier in the year, oh how things have changed now, but she has that brilliant poster to look back on.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:05 pm

How do you mean 'oh how things have changed now', Frankie? I am sure she didn't adopt the same pose in the interview. Or did she? :lol:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Unfortunately not BB, let's just say the Boots anti-aging cream had given up. ;-)
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:48 am

Rummaging around online re: photography, I came across some important information (which even I didn’t know!) explaining an important technique to take fantastic photos:

FART for Fantastic Photos
I take my best pictures when I FART first.
FARTing helps us remember to make a strong, meaningful photo instead of just snapping away and winding up with a lot of boring, thoughtless snapshots.
FART is a mnemonic for a creative process.

The article ends:
If you forget to FART first, as most people do, your photos will usually be boring.
FART first, and you'll make better pictures.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/fart.htm

Well, I never knew that! Have just bought 6 tins of Baked Beans! Image
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:27 pm

I wouldn't recommend using the FART technique at an airshow though, by the time you get around to taking the picture the plane in question will be miles away. However, I believe the FART technique could definitely pay off when there are too many other people around you trying to take the same picture ;-)
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:57 pm

I was concerned about one aspect of my previous post - so I’ve been in touch with the site’s owner and he’s confirmed that using that “system” is not obligatory. You don’t have to use that technique before you take the photo . . . unless you want to.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Trigger wrote:FART for Fantastic Photos I take my best pictures when I FART first.
I liked that Trigger...will have to use the SBD method when taking pictures of wildlife ;) :lol:
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu May 14, 2015 9:58 pm

53 of the worst Photoshop errors ever

In a year that Adobe's Photoshop has reached the ripe old age of 25, what better way to commemorate the age of the photo editing master than a collection of photos where the people at the helm of the edit suite didn't know what they were doing?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technolo ... 35#image=1

Click on the 'full screen' icon at the bottom right of the picture.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:46 pm

“Perfectly timed photos capture what appear to be the world's biggest pooches in mind-bending snaps” :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... snaps.html

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:26 am

“Oh no! Not my camera!”

Having just read a post about a mishap with a camera - are you prepared to reveal anything similar that happened to you?

On my last visit to “Africa Alive” - walking along, I put my Panny FZ200 in my camera bag (I use the term loosely!) - heard a “bump” sound - glanced down- and there was the camera - on the ground! Fortunately, the ground was compacted soil/stones - rather than something much harder! And the only apparent damage was minor dent on the outer casing of the lens. I can only assume that when I placed the camera in the bag (without looking), I actually placed it on the top of the bag - and, naturally, the camera slid off! As the song says “When will they ever learn?” :roll: