The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Photography Chat!

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Photography Chat!

Post by frankiesays » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:33 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I remember in my early days of selling computer systems, when the hard drive of an AT went from 20Mb to 40Mb. We just couldn't understand how anybody could fill that amount of space.
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:29 pm

'Selfie stick on steroids!': Incredible camera FLIES around you while taking photos (and even recognises your face)

In an age where a single selfie is enough to 'break the internet' an Australian company has taken self-portraits to the next level.
Tech company IoT Group has created the flying selfie stick – a drone-like device that users simply chuck in the air to take photos of themselves. Once in the air the camera hovers around your face and uses face recognition technology to take photos, making Kim Kardashian West's selfies look amateurish by comparison.
IoT Executive Director and global marketing expert Ian Duffell told Daily Mail Australia the camera, called the ROAM-e, can follow you from 10 metres away. The flying selfie stick takes photographs at 360 degrees, meaning you can fit more in to one frame and the photos can be streamed directly to your Facebook, phone or hard drive.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... level.html
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Came across some photo editing software that converts your photo into artwork. The few I’ve tried have just been “straight conversions” - no extra manipulation by me!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/digit ... w-3347121/
Attachments
Original.jpg
Painting.jpg
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:40 am

A couple more from the "art" program - "pencil sketch" and a "coloured pencil sketch"
Attachments
IMG_0180_StMargs_FotoSketcher.jpg
IMG_0180 _08.jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Trigger wrote:Came across some photo editing software that converts your photo into artwork.
It seems to work well Trigger. I like the water colour or is it oils conversion of the yachts and for the price of £0 the software is certainly a bargain 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:15 am

Mel wrote: It seems to work well Trigger. I like the water colour or is it oils conversion of the yachts and for the price of £0 the software is certainly a bargain 8-)
It's interesting to watch the "painting" on screen develop (makes a change from TV!) until the end result appears. The screen shows 2 images of your original side by side. The one on the right is the that will become the end result - once you click the "Draw" the changes start to happen. The "brushstrokes" one is interesting to see develop.
Attachments
Sketch .07.jpg

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:23 am

Trigger wrote:Came across some photo editing software that converts your photo into artwork. The few I’ve tried have just been “straight conversions” - no extra manipulation by me!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/digit ... w-3347121/
A very interesting post Trigger - thinking about dumping my paint brushes now as I am always looking for an easy way to achieve a result. ;) :)
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:31 am

Suffolkboy wrote: A very interesting post Trigger - thinking about dumping my paint brushes now as I am always looking for an easy way to achieve a result. ;) :)
Ah - doubt you'll be able to download the program - you have to be a fully paid-up member of Cheats Anonymous' to get it - so I was accepted immediately!
But, doubt it'll make anything as good as your recent lovely little Mouse painting! Still, give it a try and see what you think. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"!

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:25 am

Suffolkboy wrote:.... thinking about dumping my paint brushes now as I am always looking for an easy way to achieve a result. ;) :)
ml.jpg
I do realise your statement was tongue in cheek Suffolkboy ;)

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 am

Is it me or does anyone else see the airplane in Mel's attached photo
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:18 am

I don't nikka, but you'd better ask Mel as he took the picture.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Hope Mel doesn't get upset with me changing his picture......
Attachments
Mel image on ml.jpg
Mel image on ml.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:46 pm

nikkai wrote:Hope Mel doesn't get upset with me changing his picture......
I see a fish - then I come from good old Pakefield where fishing is an art. ;) Penguin1 :lol:
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:01 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I don't nikka, but you'd better ask Mel as he took the picture.
I see the plane Nikkai but it isn't my photo I nicked it from http://www.herquotes.com. Sorry if I misled anyone I should have made it more obvious that it wasn't mine.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:14 pm

As long as you're not breaching the owner's copyright, Mel. Image
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 pm

'nother 'tekkie' question for you! Being the non-adventurous soul that I am, all photos are "jpeg". When I reduce the image size for posting here or elesewhere, I use PIXresizer and it's saved as jpeg file. Just resized a file and I notice its suddenly become a "tga"; and this has happened once before. I've checked the program and 5 formats are listed but not that one (although I notice there a button to press to be saved as original – must remember that!).
I've done a search and found info but it means little to me! Obviously I'll make sure I click on "Save as original" - but puzzled how it would saved as 'a.tga' - or is my PC just trying to take over again! :D