The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Problems re-sizing pictures?

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Problems re-sizing pictures?

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I get on fine with it Trigger. If you need to ask anything, feel free to do so. Maybe I should write a manual for it! :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:53 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I get on fine with it Trigger. If you need to ask anything, feel free to do so. Maybe I should write a manual for it! :D
Thanks for the kind offer - I may take you up on that! I've downloaded/installed it - and my challenge is to "get to grips with it"! The Manual sounds a great idea! The problem with these type of things is that there's no manual. There may be Help Files - which is OK for those who need them and can understand them - often they're no written for those with limited knowledge on the subject. And they're not always explained in the simplest terms.

But . . . if you hear loud scream later this afternoon - don't panic! It'll probably be me . . . and the "bumping" noise will be me banging my head against the nearest brick wall! drinker1
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm sure it won't be that bad Trigger. Image

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:50 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I'm sure it won't be that bad Trigger. Image
Wanna bet? :D

So . . . Have just made my first attempt - tried to resize the Swan photo (that's already posted!). Put the photo file in the appropriate screen; a box opened (see below), then tried to save to 1024Kb size. All the boxes shown ticked were already ticked apart from “Set the file”. Change the size to that mentioned - 1024Kbs - tick box, clicked “Save” but - nothing happened - tried again but to no avail! So - err - what have I done wrong? :roll:
Attachments
IrfanView_01.jpg
IrfanView_01.jpg (33.68 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 pm

If you clicked the 'Save' at the bottom of the box you have shown there then that is OK. However, that is just saving the setting. You then have to click on the 'Save' in the box to the left as in the image below.

If you chose to save in the original folder then you will then be asked if you want to overwrite the existing file unless you change the filename before clicking the second save button.

Every time you then go to save an image the 1024 KB setting should always be there without you having to change anything. If you later change to a different size - such as 500 KB - and click 'save' in that box it will overwrite the 1024 KB setting. If you don't want to save as the size that is stated such as 1024 KB, then un-tick the box and ONLY CLICK THE 'SAVE' BUTTON IN THE OTHER WINDOW. The file will only be saved to the size you have stated if the box alongside is ticked.

Here is another tip. If you are going to be frequently changing to saving different file sizes, such as 250KB, 500KB, 1024KB, etc. then if you also put that number e.g. 250 for the 250KB in the box called 'Profile' alongside the 'Load' 'Delete' 'Save' buttons before you click on the 'Save' button it will save the complete profile so you may have several, all for different sizes, which you can then call up as you require them by clicking on the arrow under 'Profile' and selecting the one required and then click 'Load'.

It is also worth checking first that under the 'Options' Menu and 'Properties/Settings' option the boxes ticked under 'File Handling' are the same as in the second image below.

If you are not sure before you do something, then do what I do - work with a copy of the original image and you will still have the original to fall back on if you make a mistake.
Attachments
Save.JPG
Properties.JPG

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Boatbuilder: You’ve started your Booklet then! :D

Thanks for the info - have printed it off so that I don’t have to come back here each time I need to check something! Hope to have proof that I've read and understood it!!

Now all I’ve got get my head round all that! Image

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

Trigger wrote:Boatbuilder: You’ve started your Booklet then! :D

Thanks for the info - have printed it off so that I don’t have to come back here each time I need to check something! Hope to have proof that I've read and understood it!!

Now all I’ve got get my head round all that! Image

No, not started yet Trigger, that was just for you :D and I'm sure you'll get your head round it Image ....better than this happening.... Image ..... :lol:

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm taking it slowly (think speed of a tortoise!), and before I tackle any photo- I'm familiarising myself with the program and trying being guided by my old maxim: "If you don't at first succeed . . . give up!" Does it bother me? No, not at all! Image