The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Interesting video clips on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Interesting video clips on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Post by Trigger » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:18 pm

I’ve been perusing video clips on YouTube from Panasonic Lumix FZ200 camera - I have the previous model - the FZ150 - but before you ask - I’m not changing mine! And have come across some excellent videos which best viewed in Full Screen!

These two are Hi-Speed (120FPS) videos - so appear in slow motion!

Dragonflies:

White-tailed eagles:

Enjoy!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Interesting video clips on YouTube

Post by frankiesays » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Very impressive, good clear video.
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:41 pm

I decided to buy a high speed SDXC card for the new Sony compact camera I bought in the summer, allowing me to take very slow-motion video clips. The 64 GB card arrived yesterday so I have been trying it out today having just about understood the camera instructions for taking HFR (High Frame Rate) clips. These two I took this afternoon of a dog called Toby who was exercising in the local park. They are taken at 500 fps and playback at 25 fps giving 20x slow motion and are best viewed at 1080p. The camera will shoot at 1,000 fps giving up to 40x slow motion so that will be next. :D

See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 pm

BB - Thanks for posting those - very interesting. I'd like to try that -one day - when I get a Round Tuit!! :D
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Trigger wrote:BB - Thanks for posting those - very interesting. I'd like to try that -one day - when I get a Round Tuit!! :D

You're welcome, Trigger. Maybe the next camera you choose will have the facility to do it. :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:43 am

BB - my Nikon does this . . . but - haven't yet found the right page in the Instructions - yet! :D

But - will try and find out how to record video on the camera - I'm sure there's a button somewhere . . . :roll:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Trigger wrote:BB - my Nikon does this . . . but - haven't yet found the right page in the Instructions - yet! :D

But - will try and find out how to record video on the camera - I'm sure there's a button somewhere . . . :roll:
Trigger, I assumed you meant slow-motion video. As you mentioned that you had a Nikon D3300 in a recent post I thought I would have a look to see if I could find anything out for you. However, having looked at the PDF's available online of the 'User Manual' (140 pages) and the larger 'Reference Manual' (392 pages) for that camera there does not appear to be a slow-motion facility on it. There seems to be two frame rate settings linked to PAL - 25p and 50p - but from what I can make out these are only linked to quality of recording coupled to the frame size and there is no mention anywhere in the manuals of slow-motion.

Incidentally, the movie button is just behind and to the left of the shutter-release button as viewed from the rear of the camera.

Hope this is of some help.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:09 pm

As I think you know - I’m a non-technical person! But - whilst I get the impression the Nikon can record slo-mo video - it may not be as simple as that! It may need a circuitous route to get there!

Here’s three short video clips shot on a D3300:

admin: two removed as no longer available

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Trigger wrote:As I think you know - I’m a non-technical person! But - whilst I get the impression the Nikon can record slo-mo video - it may not be as simple as that! It may need a circuitous route to get there!

Here’s three short video clips shot on a D3300:

I have had a look at the clip, Trigger and I noticed this.

It states that it is a D3100 camera and that it was edited in adobe after effects.

I would think that with suitable software it would be possible to 'convert' a higher frame-rate (60 or 50 fps) to playback at 24 or 25 fps which is likely what was done with the clip using the 'adobe after effects'.

Please note that these are just my personal opinions in view of not being able to find any mention about 'slo-mo' in the two manuals.

admin: edited to match up with the edit of the previous post

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:12 pm

I think I'll give it a miss! :roll:

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Excellent slow-motion there BB. Do you think the camera is good enough to capture a clip of a woman with her mouth closed? ;-)
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Now you're really looking for trouble coming out with comments like that, frankie. Having said that, the camera would probably capture anything if it happens - and it should do, as I am now two limbs missing. :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:48 pm

This was taken this morning of the Aviva Women's Tour 2016 in Carlton Colville - junction Castleton Avenue roundabout. A four-second clip in 40x slow motion.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 pm

They were certainly going at a good rate of knots Boatbuilder; I am glad I didn't blink as they passed me :)
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 pm

That's why I decided on a slo-mo video clip Mel, rather then trying to get pictures. There wasn't enough time to do both. :D
I had to sacrifice quality though for the 4 seconds. I could have done 2 seconds in higher quality.