The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Interesting video clips on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Photos, Albums and anything photography related are all here. You can also show your own YouTube videos - use the YouTube BBCode combined with the video's own unique code to embed them into your posts.
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages, or elsewhere on the forum, or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them. Videos linked directly to Youtube are exempt from this requirement. The copyright of images posted remains with the person who posted them or the person who gave permission for them to be posted, and their permission must be sought by anyone wishing to use them elsewhere.
The maximum permitted file size for uploads is now 2-Megabyte (2,048 KB) per image and a maximum of FOUR images per post. Guidance to the posting of images can be found HERE
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Interesting video clips on YouTube

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

That's why I decided on a slo-mo video clip Mel, rather then trying to get pictures. There wasn't enough time to do both. :D
I had to sacrifice quality though for the 4 seconds. I could have done 2 seconds in higher quality.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:03 am

In the mid-sixties, 2 guys in London bought a lion cub (which they named Christian) from Harrods. Sometime later, as the lion grew, they realised that, ideally, it needed to be returned to the wild. This happened in conjunction with George Adamson and the Born Free Foundation.
A year or so later, they went to Kenya in the hope of seeing Christian - and, with George Adamson’s help, they see him - now watch the video!

PS: There are other videos, about Christian, on youtube
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 am

Me-thinks you were watching 'Wild Animal Reunions' on ITV last night Trigger. :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 am

boatbuilder wrote:Me-thinks you were watching 'Wild Animal Reunions' on ITV last night Trigger. :D
Almost! I recorded it and have watched bits - but I think something else triggered thinking about Christian!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:19 pm

As a follow-on to the “Christian the Lion” story/youtube link which was also covered in the ITV programme “Reunions with animals” - here’s a couple more such stories, featured in that programme, and are available on youtube.

Scientist Jane Goodall has studied chimpanzees for some forty years. This particular video clip is of chimp Wounda, who’s name in the Congo means ‘close to dying’. Wounda was found and taken to the Tchimpounga Chimpanze Rehabilitation Centre and cared for back to health. We join the video at the point where Wounda, in a crate, is taken to the island sanctuary. Watch what happens when the chimp is sitting on the top of the crate!

Watch Damien Aspinall’s reunion with Kwibi - a Gorilla that he had known at Aspinall’s Zoo. When Kwimbi was five, he was released into the forests of Gabon. What will happen when the two meet up again - in the wild!

PS - Please don’t forget that Chimps and Gorillas share 98% of our DNA! :D

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Freddie has a new toy which he really enjoys. :D

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Enjoyed watching that. I do wonder, about this and other similar toys, if cats enjoy playing with them or if it annoys and frustrates them! If I were the cat I would end up wanting to beat the toy up!!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:30 am

No doubt they get frustrated like we do when we can't solve a puzzle, but he seems to enjoy it.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Found this clip: “Total Stress” on Youtube - it’s in German - but the clip is “self explanatory”! :)

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:58 am

Been there, ALMOST done that.
I before E except after C - That's weird

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:01 pm

morty1753 wrote:Been there, ALMOST done that.
Me too. Remembered to strap the twins into their seats and then drove off leaving the double pushchair standing in the road.
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Toronto Zoo Giant Panda vs. Snowman

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Just practicing decapitation for when his keepers come back in?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Last night's (this morning's) London Fireworks Display in 360 degree video - controlled by your mouse - courtesy of BBC. Best viewed in 1440 HD and full screen. NOTE: The actual fireworks don't start until about 9 minutes 30 seconds in.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

I noticed on the Carnforth FB page that a steam train was going to leave for Carlisle at 10:36, it was 10:24 so I high-tailed it down to the station and got there just in time to take this on my phone

It's grim up North...

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:54 pm

I went back to Carnforth station for 17:20 when it was supposed to be returning to swap locos before heading back down to Manchester from whence it came. It reminded me of when I was a small child, I used to spend every Saturday at my grandmother's at the top of Kirkley Run and at midday my sister and I would run to the crossing gates opposite the Lord Nelson at the top of The run and wait for the steam-hauled goods train to come puffing up from the Kirkley goods yard. My heart used to pound as I could hear it coming but couldn't see it. I'm 63 now and I had exactly the same feeling as the Leander approached Carnforth in the dark at the same speed that the goods train used to come up the line from The Fen. For those into trains there is a type 37 on the back which is required to push it up the incline to Shap and to hold it back on the return.

It's grim up North...