The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by morty1753 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 am

Latest post of the previous page:

kerch wrote:I have a normal DVD player ,silly question time will blue -ray play on it? There's a David Attenborough that as far as I can see is only on blue-ray" Life that glows"looks good and as I have most of his DVD's would like to add this one .
It is not a silly question if you do not know the answer, but the answer is no, a DVD player will not play blue-ray.

It does surprise me though that it is not also available on DVD
I before E except after C - That's weird

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:56 am

I've looked several times on Amazon , most recently this morning .

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:07 pm

kerch wrote:I've looked several times on Amazon , most recently this morning .
What DVD are you looking for Kerch, maybe I could do a search around for it.
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 pm

At only 51 minutes long, I think £18.99 is a lot for that program on Blu-ray kerch. I see the DVD version that's on Amazon, but not currently available, was a Region 4 (Australia) import as well.

Morty, the DVD is mentioned in Kerch's post earlier this morning. 'Life that Glows' Amazon Blu-ray link -
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:31 pm

I'd saw the Australia import,but did n't buy it as I was n't sure if that would play on European system .Not going to fork out for another player for 1 DVD.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Amazon UK says the Australian one is currently out of stock, kerch. Are you referring to the UK site or a different one?

Some DVD players will play other regions. I had one that could, but it could only be 'switched' about four times and after that you are stuck with the last region you are switched to. I never had cause to try it though. There may be some that are permanently multi-region but as you say, hardly worthwhile the expense.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm

The UK site ,I sometimes buy DVD's from Amazon France .But only when I'm sure of what I'm buying.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:02 pm

funkychick wrote:I watched Little boy blue BB I m not sure how useful these programmes are to the families they must be or they wouldn't do them but there was a bit of me that felt I was intruding into a very private story ..
I can't really see it being any different from the programs they make where members of the actual families themselves openly discuss the incidents in person. There are many of these programs made and go under various program titles on the 'Crime & Investigation' channel. Many are American, but at least two - 'Britain's Dark Taboos' and '999 Killer on the Line' focus on UK crimes. I would think that talking about them possibly helps in some way. Of course this particular incident happened 10 years ago so whilst it may churn up memories of that time, I would think that such a time in their lives would always be in the forefront of their minds anyway.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:30 pm

It wasnt the talking about it I think its important t tell the story and that can be seen even on the news but it was the graphic drama BB especially when they were in the room with his little body I found it uncomfortable viewing as that should be a time for the parents only imo, and when she was soaked in his blood .... but then there are lots of programmes that probably show too much
Moving away from the programme contents I thought the police chiefs acting was really wooden
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:44 pm

funkychick wrote:I loved that Billy Connelly show Dave
Another favourite of mine is Dave Allen, funkychick, a comedian who deserves to be mentioned amongst the best, in my opinion. Bob Monkhouse as well, he wasn't everyone's cup of tea. but he didn't just tell jokes, he wrote them for others, Bob Hope and Max Miller were just two of them.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon May 01, 2017 11:29 am

At last 'Britain's Got Talent' has a comedian who stands a chance of winning the competition. Not a dance group, a dog act or a child singing, but a genuinely funny comedian. If you don't like BGT forget that for five minutes and watch Daliso Chaponda steal the show.

[youtube]OrOe0hx__VA[/youtube]
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm

This is a preview of BBC 1's Countryfile program on Sunday 14th May @ 7-pm in Suffolk when one of the parts of the program appears to focus on the planned work to extend the Carlton Marshes Nature Reserve.
Suffolk Countryfile.JPG

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Thu May 11, 2017 9:18 pm

This morning I watched a BBC drama, King Charles III, recorded from last night on BBC2. It has been critically received, and I have to say I was impressed with it. Without spoiling it for anyone wishing to watch on iPlayer, it looks at what could possibly happen when he becomes King; I ended up wondering if it could actually happen in real life in the future.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu May 11, 2017 10:21 pm

I also watched "King Charles III" and thought it was excellent throghout - and, as mentioned, has been received with critical acclaim. Although it was, allegedly not so for "Twitter" et al who deemed the acting as "wooden", and the showing of the Queen's funeral, the ghost of Diana, etc - all probably due to a surfeit of "Soaps"!
I do think that there will be big changes when Charles accedes the Throne - whether they will be anything like those portrayed in the play - we will have to wait and see!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 am

Dave I m in agreement with you the comedian was hilarious he actually made me laugh out loud very likeable and very funny
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 am

Having never been an avid cinema visitor or film buff (the last movie I saw at the cinema was Jaws) I am now enjoying some of the old films which are shown on TV.

I watched 'Steel Magnolias' starring Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Shirley MacLaine and Dolly Parton the other evening. Although it was what I would call a 'girly movie' and a film I wouldn't particularly choose to watch, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a super comedy/drama with some great character acting by all the cast. Especially enjoyed the part played by Shirley MacLaine, that of a grumpy eccentric. Over a period of time the group of women who meet at a beauty parlour, run by Dolly Parton who fills that role superbly, have some very happy times but also some very low moments.

I think the film shows that true friendships can get help people get through all the bad times and it also shows that 'girly movies' can be good to watch by everybody :lol: :lol:
My Flickr pictures look here