The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Glastonbury 2015

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Glastonbury 2015

Post by boatbuilder » Fri May 29, 2015 5:14 pm

If anyone is interested in this annual event, here is a live webcam feed from the BBC which pans the site and will run until the event showing the activity in setting up the site. In the mode that opens from the link below there is a zoom control at the top right and some other options at the bottom of the picture. Best viewed full screen by clicking on the arrow to the top right of the picture although the other options are not available in the full-screen mode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/glastonbury/webcam
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Re: Glastonbury 2015

Post by Suffolkboy » Fri May 29, 2015 9:26 pm

I think I'll give it a miss this year. ;) :D
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri May 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Like I have for the past 44 years, SB. :lol: I've not missed the mud. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 pm

I love festivals I ve never been to Glastonbury but 10 years of WOMAD and now LATITUDE is fine by me love it
X
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat May 30, 2015 7:35 am

Oh to be young again FC :roll: Then I can't grumble as I still relish those days of South Pier,Royal Hotel,Floral Hall,Garibaldi and Goodes hotel at Gt Yarmouth where they had the Jazz bands. We rode our motor bikes and thought we were invincible,we punched the punch bags at the Pleasure Park Gt Yarmouth trying to ring the bell then raced back to Lowestoft on our motor bikes.

The Fonze would say " Happy Days" and they were. :Hugs: :D

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat May 30, 2015 8:49 am

Suffolkboy wrote:Oh to be young again FC :roll: ...
They say you are as young as you feel Suffolkboy or as young as who you feel :shock: but I will leave the festivals to the youngsters; I had my fair share of roughing it as a 'hippy' in the good old days but I know when I went to gigs or festivals or just hung out in clubs I didn't want people my parents age or grandparents age hanging out with me...so I will leave the festivals to the younger generation, it is their turn... 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat May 30, 2015 9:16 am

Mel wrote:
or as young as who you feel :shock: )[/quote]

:o :roll: :lol: :lol:

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sat May 30, 2015 9:49 am

Mel its not just about young people there are all age groups there in fact it never ceases to amaze me how varied the age groups are I didnt go to my first festival before I was about 45 Its not even just about noisy muscic At Latitude there is comedy, poetry, art, crafts, ballet, poetry wonderful workshops for kids and adults.... At WOMAD ( World of music and dance started by Peter Gabriel) the music comes from every corner of the world... where else can you watch singers from Outer Mongolia one hour, Zulu dancers the next and Japenese Takio drummers an hour later its fantastic there are stalls and foooooood from everywhere in the world Even tents nowadays are so easy they pop up in minutes you sleep on camp beds off the ground and have cosy sleeping bags its not ;like the scratchy blankets on the ground with insects around, like it used to be and what photo opportunities Sleeping under the stars there is nothing like it and do you know in the last 25 years I ve only had two rainy festivals and even they were fun trying to find innovative ways of keeping dry

Ballet on the river (Sadler Wells)
Crafts
Art
Attachments
LATITUDE 2014 011.jpg
LATITUDE 2014 047.jpg
LATITUDE 2014 017.jpg
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 pm

funkychick wrote:Mel its not just about young people there are all age groups there in fact it never ceases to amaze me how varied the age groups are...
I realise that Funkychick and I appreciate the diversity of the different festivals and I am pleased that you and thousands of others enjoy them but they are not for me...unless it was just a couple of hours walkabout with my camera maybe ;) :)
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 am

I wasn't trying to persuade you to go Mel, just explaining, as many people only ever equate festivals with mud teens and drugs and it's so far from how they really are .....and yes some people do only go for the day for me the camping is all part of the experience I enjoy