The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What we've listened to!

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: What we've listened to!

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

This seems to be my favourite song at the moment. It's not a recent one but I came across it for the first time recently on a playlist on 'Spotify'.

Sången fäder dig tillbaka by Agnetha Fältskog. Translates as A Song That Brings You Back, the English words are on the video.
It's from an album from her pre-Abba days entitled När en vacker tanke blir en sång [When a Beautiful Thought Becomes a Song] (1971).

See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 pm

'Sukiyaki' [Japanese: "Ue o Muite Arukō"] was a song recorded in 1961 by Japanese singer Kyu Sakamoto.
It was released in the UK and USA in 1963 and reached No.6 in the UK chart and topped the Billboard 100 chart in the US. The tune had previously been released in the UK by Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen early 1963 and reached No.10 in the UK chart. The song has grown to become one of the world's best-selling singles of all time, having sold over 13 million copies worldwide.

Sadly, Kyu Sakamoto was killed in the worst ever single airline crash - Japan Airlines flight JAL123 from Tokyo to Osaka - on August 12th 1985, and which claimed the lives of 520 of the 524 people on board when it crashed into a mountainside. The cause was an in-flight structural failure due to an improper repair which had been carried out seven years earlier. This led to a rapid decompression and loss of control due to the flight control hydraulics towards the rear of the plan being severed and the tail fin breaking off.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:07 am

I have always liked the Skeeter Davis version of The End of the World but have just been listening to some music on YouTube and this version by Brenda Lee came on. It is sung in a different tempo than the Skeeter Davis version and I think I prefer it. I also like the accompanying video stills.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 pm

I watched the live YouTube launch at 5:45 pm tonight, of the two new ABBA songs revealed today:

I Still Have Faith in You

Don't Shut Me Down