The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Eurovision - 2017 - Ukraine

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Eurovision - 2017 - Ukraine

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:29 pm

There has always been what is called 'political voting' in the Eurovision Song Contest - particularly in recent years with more of the eastern-bloc countries being involved.
However, it is now becoming more political than ever with the latest move:

Eurovision Samoilova: Ukraine bars Russian singer over Crimea visit

Ukraine has barred Russia's Eurovision contestant because she performed in Crimea, annexed by Moscow in 2014.
Julia Samoilova was banned from attending the event because of her "illegal" visit , the Ukrainian SBU security service said.
Samoilova, 27, has confirmed that she sang in Crimea in 2015. Ukraine is due to host Eurovision in its capital, Kiev, in May.
The SBU has blacklisted at least 140 other Russian artists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39354775
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Eurovision - 2017 - Ukraine

Post by funkychick » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Well it's all pretty daft anyway isn't it With Australia in the Eurovision and Israel too we ve never had a partner or partners to vote for us, we re always out on a limb although Ireland does vote sometimes for us but that's about it
i should imagine we ll get no votes now we ve rejected Europe and I doubt if we really need to take part any more
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 pm

funkychick wrote:Well it's all pretty daft anyway isn't it With Australia in the Eurovision and Israel too we ve never had a partner or partners to vote for us, we re always out on a limb although Ireland does vote sometimes for us but that's about it
i should imagine we ll get no votes now we ve rejected Europe and I doubt if we really need to take part any more
Yet another positive to the Brexit vote :-)
It's grim up North...

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 pm

But The Eurovision Song Contest has nothing to do with the European Union so we will still be competing, and losing, even after Brexit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest
I before E except after C - That's weird