The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by funkychick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I m really enjoying The Loch (very gory) and Broken is an excellent drama but haven't found Fearless to live up to my expectations so not enjoying it as much
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Mel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 am

funkychick wrote:I m really enjoying The Loch (very gory) ...
I am recording The Loch Funkychick, so hopefully will get around to watching it soon; or I might just wait until I have recorded the whole series then watch it all in one sitting...sandwiches and drinks prepared before hand ;) :) At the moment I am catching up on old episodes of 'Silent Witness' which are being shown on the Drama channel. Having not watched the programme before until the last series on BBC all the old episodes are new to me, and some of them can be quite gory too.

Also watched the first episode of the new 'Ripper Street' series. I do like this programme, the costumes and the sets certainly seem to bring a flavour of how the East End of London was in Victorian England. The storyline is getting slightly far fetched, but as this is the last series of a very good programme, I will forgive the writers ;) :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am

I enjoy 'Ripper Street' as well, Mel, but have yet to watch the first episode so I can't comment on it. I was disappointed that Bennet Drake (Jerome Flynn) died in the last series, he was too good a character to lose. Jerome Flynn looked every inch the rough, tough brawler he played. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up later, all part of some cunning plan to unearth the villains.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:51 am

I've now watched the first episode of Ripper Street and unless Bennet Drake was buried alive and knew a trick or two of Harry Houdini's he won't be making an appearance any time soon. :D
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:27 pm

We (my wife and I) have watched the second episode of the Ripper Street - Series 5. I'll consider keeping quiet about its content. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 am

Last night watched Britain's Pompeii( Must farm Cambs) very good programme Bronze age sites all over Europe were also included to show how much trade there was at that time.It was followed by Bog Mummies did 't Watch that as I'd seen it before( also Worth watching).

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm

In the past week have watched several movies, including the 1951 version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was rather enjoyable, and compared I felt favourably with the newer remake with Keanu Reeves. I am also watching a few newer TV series, in particular Fearless which is about a solicitor who fights against injustice in the justice system. Whilst fiction, it is not too hard to imagine that this could easily be translated into real life, especially as according to the writers they have actually researched real life solicitors who do exactly this.

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Call the midwife.and Karma hospital,hail Claudios Gavin and Stacy

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 am

Mel wrote: At the moment I am catching up on old episodes of 'Silent Witness' which are being shown on the Drama channel. Having not watched the programme before until the last series on BBC all the old episodes are new to me, and some of them can be quite gory too.
I am slowly catching up with 'Silent Witness' but not necessarily in chronological order as the main characters keep changing, disappearing and then coming back :) , all except Dr Nikki Alexander (Emilia Fox) she seems a constant. I do like the idea of having a new detective in each episode, the inter action between pathologists and the detectives is always interesting and believable too...last nights episode had one of the doctors sussing out a crooked copper. Belated pat on the back to the BBC 8-)

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Wtached 'Growing up with Cancer' (4/4 stars) - shown this evening 7:30 – 8:00 pm on BBC1.

The mini write-up from my TV Guide: “Every day in the UK, seven teenagers are told they have cancer. This candid and deeply moving film meets some of the brave young patients being treated in the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at Glasgow's Royal Hospital for Children. Even as he is diagnosed, Nairn, 14, is determined to keep smiling for his parents' sake. Astonishing.”

A programme really worth catching up with on catch-up TV! The young lad who was advised he needed to eat more – but he missed his junk food! He was, however, allowed to have Mac Fries with his meals! The lad who's treatment meant he had to spend eight weeks in isolation; the attractive young lady with a beautiful smile – who tried on a wig, after losing her hair, and finally said that she wouldn't wear it, as it wasn't really her – and it was too hot to wear anyway.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:51 am

I watched the first two episodes (of 10) of a new Spanish crime thriller last night on BBC-FOUR and it looks as though it is going to turn out to be another good series. It is called 'I Know Who You Are' and was aired at 9-pm and 10:10-pm (70 minute episodes) and is available on iPlayer.
IKWYA.JPG

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:22 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I watched the first two episodes (of 10) of a new Spanish crime thriller last night on BBC-FOUR and it looks as though it is going to turn out to be another good series.
I watched that too Boatbuilder and I agree it has got off to a very good start. There is certainly a lot of questions to be answered over the next eight episodes, like 'Why do the Spanish speak so quick ?' ;) :)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Mel wrote:
boatbuilder wrote:I watched the first two episodes (of 10) of a new Spanish crime thriller last night on BBC-FOUR and it looks as though it is going to turn out to be another good series.
I watched that too Boatbuilder and I agree it has got off to a very good start. There is certainly a lot of questions to be answered over the next eight episodes, like 'Why do the Spanish speak so quick ?' ;) :)
I don't disagree on that last bit Mel. There were times it was virtually impossible to read all the subtitles before they changed to the next set. :D

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 am

What think about Doctor who is woman.i not sure been better if ethnic or ethnic trans genda with disability It could been done tactfully and kids enjoy it everyone happy

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 pm

I watched 'Norman Wisdom: His Story' on Wednesday night and never realised what a terrible childhood he had. Physically abused by his father and on the streets before his teenage years, yet despite that he went on to become one of England's biggest stars. If you want to see it click here, it's well worth watching.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

I see it's also broadcasting on Sunday 30th July at 23:30 on BBC4. I'll record it then.