The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I see it's also broadcasting on Sunday 30th July at 23:30 on BBC4. I'll record it then.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:15 am

Watched a Proms Concert last evening (iPlayer) – the film music of John Williams – most enjoyable! Good to see a big orchestra in action! The programme did include a favourite of mine “Hedwig's Theme” from the Harry Potter films.

Here's a youtube clip (posted 5 years ago) of that music. The bell-like tinkling notes come from the Celeste – you can see it in the clip – it looks like a small upright piano.
PS I recommend viewing this clip in full-screen and with the sound turned up!
[youtube]GTXBLyp7_Dw[/youtube]
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Have just been watching "Planet Earth 2" - bought 'cos I needed cheering up! :roll:
Only watched "bits" of it - but wow - it's stunning! One sequence that impressed was about the Bobcat; and the other was about the Snow Leopards.
Well worth treating yourself - go on, spoil yourself! Certainly worth seeing on a large-screen TV! 8-)

[youtube]c8aFcHFu8QM[/youtube]
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 am

Having watched 'I Know Who You Are' the Spanish thriller on BBC4, Saturday nights, from the start I was looking forward to the concluding episode last night. It has been an interesting and intriguing series with plenty of twists and turns and some fine acting with all to be revealed last night. Which was great until the last ten minutes when the writers/director decided to get another series out of the story and leave this one on a cliff-hanger, so the viewers still are not 100% sure of the outcome of the plot, and leave this viewer very very disappointed...in fact I feel as though I had been cheated :( :(
My Flickr pictures look here

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 am

Not a lot on T.V here ,I like Opera but AIDA twice in as many days is too much.Plenty of other Opera's to chose from.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:07 am

I didn't watch the episodes from 3 onwards Mel and I have the DVD arriving today. Now I'm not sure about bothering to watch it. :|

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:23 am

boatbuilder wrote: Now I'm not sure about bothering to watch it. :|
I would still watch it Boatbuilder, it is a good story. What got my goat was that I was expecting a conclusion with all the ends tied up (we were not told otherwise) but now we have got to wait for series 2. Saying that maybe your DVD tells the whole story 8-)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 am

Mel wrote:
boatbuilder wrote: Saying that maybe your DVD tells the whole story 8-)
I doubt it Mel, as it is only the series that has been on. Hence the reason for it only being released after the final episode. It is only supposed to be released tomorrow but as I have a number of other items coming from Amazon that are arriving today, they obviously decided to include it in that package.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Mel I ve been watching too what a cracker of a series but what a let down last night I was on the edge of my seat ( well I was sitting on the floor actually) then it ends and I NEED to know the end I can't wait six months or a year for an answer

I must say I must have worked in the wrong job as the amount of sexual relationships going on within those few people was amazing and also why did the very pretty Eva Duran constantly wear that old brown mac more suitable to Vera or the Scottish highlands than a pretty young lady in sunny Spain
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:33 pm

funkychick wrote:I must say I must have worked in the wrong job as the amount of sexual relationships going on within those few people was amazing and also why did the very pretty Eva Duran constantly wear that old brown mac more suitable to Vera or the Scottish highlands than a pretty young lady in sunny Spain
I noticed all those relationships going on Funkychick, they certainly registered but the old brown mac didn't ;) :) Eva Duran (Aida Folch) I agree is certainly a very pretty young lady.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm

My DVD of the series arrived this afternoon and I now have to find a spare 12 hours of time (717 minutes according to the case) to watch it, which I will probably do from the beginning, despite having watched the first two when broadcast.

Last night I watched an interesting program (the second of three in a series being repeated) on Channel 4 at 7-pm., entitled 'Britain at Low Tide'.
Last night's program was set around the shores of Merseyside so I found it particularly interesting as I grew up there. I only found it by chance so never saw the first one the week before which was in Northumberland. I will watch the next one which is in the Thames Estuary and will hopefully find the first one on 'Catch-up'. This is the detail about last night's program.
BALT.JPG

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:07 am

Is anyone watching My family partition and me What an emotional and amazing programme not only filled in many gaps in my knowledge but made me realise why I don't belong to any particular religious group
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Post by jonboy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 am

Funkychick....I am watching this series and although i knew quite a bit about this subject i now realize how little i did know . The animosity between Pakistan and India shows itself at it's most basic level at the Wagha border crossing in Northern India . A few years ago i went to see the border closing "ceremony" at Wagha , near Amritsar , i stood in the purpose built tribune ( like the stands at a football ground ) with hundreds of other people while some official guy with a microphone pumped out nationalistic drivel via ultra loud speakers so that the people in the tribunes on the Pakistani side could hear , and the pakistanis doing the same thing , i thought wow, what chance is there for any reconciliation when this state sponsored infantile behaviour exists .
The public where chanting anti Pakistani songs being egged on by the official on the microphone , while on the Pakistani side, where there were fewer members of the public , they just enjoyed watching the border closing ceremony and did not join in with their "master of ceremonies" .
I think the most telling thing was the way the 2 sets of soldiers, who perform this amazing ceremony , try to act aggressively towards each other with stares and lots of foot stamping .

If you can find a video on youtube of the " Wagha border crossing ceremony ", then please watch it , it is a most unusual ceremony .

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 am

What a bizarre piece of choreography Thanks for that Jonboy I just watched it , its very theatrical i ve seen a few ceremonies around the world but that's a really unusual one I was surprised to see that both sides marched the same way I would have thought one or other would have changed their style so as not to be 'the same'

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 am

There was two programmes on the TV yesterday evening which I thoroughly enjoyed. The first was the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. The music, the dance and the precision marching of the troops were superb. My favourite part of the programme was the drumming of the Royal Marine Band, the noise of the drums was great but even better was the intricate choreography of the drummers arm movement...superb. And also a mention for Bill Paterson who's commentary for the BBC gelled the show together.

The other programme was "Strike" The Cuckoo's Calling, with Strike being a private investigator. The TV series stars Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger. It is taken from a series of books by JK Rowling of Harry Potter fame. I did read "Strike" when it first came out and having not read any of the Harry Potter books I wasn't to sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the book; so much so I have read the others in the series too.
I have enjoyed the TV adaptation so far and the two main characters are certainly true to the books. This story about the suicide of a model 'Was it a suicide, or was she murdered'? certainly keeps you wanting to see more. Most TV detectives have little quirks and Strike is no different, in fact he is quite an interesting character. The son of a rock star and model he joined the army and lost a leg in Afghanistan, which certainly make him one of the quirkiest fictional detectives I have come across.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing more of this Private Eye's adventures.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Found a very interesting TV programme when looking through the listings – “Addicted to Sheep” - a bit of an unusual title!
“Set in the North Pennines, Addicted to Sheep is an intimate portrait of a year in the life of tenant hill farmers Tom and Kay Hutchinson as they try to breed the perfect sheep.”
It has no commentary – there’s only natural sounds and voices of family members and others. Highly recommended! It’s currently available on BBC iPlayer. Here’s a short trailer to the programme:

PS I now know what ‘Tups’ and ‘Yows’ are! :D