The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by Trigger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Found a very interesting TV programme when looking through the listings – “Addicted to Sheep” - a bit of an unusual title!
“Set in the North Pennines, Addicted to Sheep is an intimate portrait of a year in the life of tenant hill farmers Tom and Kay Hutchinson as they try to breed the perfect sheep.”
It has no commentary – there’s only natural sounds and voices of family members and others. Highly recommended! It’s currently available on BBC iPlayer. Here’s a short trailer to the programme:

PS I now know what ‘Tups’ and ‘Yows’ are! :D
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:12 pm

I enjoyed Strikes first story very much but didn’t enjoy the next one nearly as much
I thought he and his secretary had a great rapport and he was rather an interesting character
Out of all the dramas on at the moment I ve enjoyed Rellik the most Wasn’t sure I would but once I got into it I ve really stayed with it and it’s holding me
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 pm

I didn't think much of Rellik (Killer :D ) but have been watching 'Liar' on ITV. Looks like it could have an interesting conclusion next week.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm

funkychick wrote:Out of all the dramas on at the moment I ve enjoyed Rellik the most
I have been following Rellik Funkychick and like you I have been enjoying it. Found it slightly difficult to follow at first, the going back in time was so very different to how most programmes pan out. But once I got the hang of it I was well into the serial. A few surprises in tonight's episode I must say :o :o :o

Been watching Liar as well. Not as interesting or exciting as Rellik in my opinion but certainly a lot more mind provoking. Certainly feel for the character Joanne Froggatt plays.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I tried watching Rellik in the mirror but it didn't make any difference Mel. :D (Only joking :lol: )

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:44 am

Really pleased to hear that you re enjoying Rellik too Mel as it didn’t get good reviews and most of my friends didn’t give it a go Like you I didn’t think I was going to get it at all (I get muddled with normal dramas) but after a bit of initial concentration I really got into it I told my daughter it was worth watching as she had ditched it after the first half hour she’s now gone back to watch it on her iPad and is totally hooked I was out last night so missed it but I will take Gabriel to bed with me tonight Haha (and watch on my iPad I ll add) What an attractive voice that guy has
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 am

Anyone who enjoyed ITV’s “Long Lost Family” might also enjoy “Long Lost Family Australia” which is on TV channel “Really” (Freeview 17) on Wednesdays @ 10pm. It’s also on Freesat, Sky, and Virgin. My TV Guide says: “It’s a pleasingly natural and refreshingly un-manipulative series.”
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am

The programme was on Wednesday, 18th – “Saving Lives at Sea - Documentary series following the Royal National Lifeboat Institution” (Part 11 of 12). There is rescue from here – “The Lowestoft crew help a sailor who doesn't want to be rescued.”
I assume that it is currently on iPlayer. If you just want to see that part – it’s about 25 minutes or so into the programme.

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Just watched that Trigger.

I guess he is what some people would call a stubborn old b****r.

Give him his due for what he achieved, I am sure he will try again and succeed.
I before E except after C - That's weird

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm

I agree with your comment! :D

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:55 am

Anyone watching Gunpowder? I m now so ashamed I took my kids to watch the guy being burned I never even bothered to go beyond the story of “he tried to kill the king”

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am

Yes, rather gory wasn’t it?

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 am

I watched it. Thought it was rather good myself.

As the other 2 episodes were on iPlayer we watched it all the way through in one sitting.
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 am

I have just been watching this 20 MINUTE VIDEO on BBC iPlayer. When I first read the NEWS STORY about it earlier yesterday, I thought it sounded familiar and then I realised I had heard about it some 40 years ago when I lived in Cheltenham in the late 70's as Prestbury (the village in the story) is just a couple of miles outside the town - not far from the racecourse which bears its name. The video, linked above, is certainly worth a watch.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am

One of my favourite Christmas TV viewing events is watching Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol'. Although there has been a few adaptations of this story my favourite one and I think the best is 'Scrooge' (1951) starring Alastair Sim.

This year I have already watched two versions and they have both been musicals. 'Scrooge' (1970) starring Albert Finney which I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the scene where Scrooge thinks everyone is praising him when in fact they are all celebrating his death and the crowds starts singing 'Thank You Very Much' and even Ebenezer joins in, very good.

The other one I watched was 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' a film I hadn't seen before but another good version of the classic tale. Didn't think I was going to like it but I did and Michael Caine played a very good Scrooge.

A modern day version I watched a few years ago called 'A Christmas Carol'(2000) starred Ross Kemp as Eddie Scrooge a modern day loan shark. I thought it was another very good adaptation of the story; but it my mind the Alastair Sim version with all the old and dated special effects is still the best.
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Mel wrote:One of my favourite Christmas TV viewing events is watching Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol'. Although there has been a few adaptations of this story my favourite one and I think the best is 'Scrooge' (1951) starring Alastair Sim.
Totally agree, Mel! I have the 60th Anniversary Blu Ray of “A Christmas Carol” – and I’ll be watching that on “The Day”! I like seeing how many of the cast I recognise – especially Kathleen Harrison!

I also have the DVD of “Scrooge!” and watched the opening sequence of the titles only last evening. I love the arrangement and singing of “Sing a Christmas Carol” – especially towards it’s end when the Sopranos sing a counter-melody above the other voices. Here’s the nearest I could find of that – sung here by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra. Enjoy!
[youtube]2KFJPAw8qG8[/youtube]