The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by Trigger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

That's it! Very interesting and enjoyable programme - and I managed to stay awake right to the end! :no:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:38 am

Just in case this is of interest - tonight's edition of 'Britain’s Most Historic Towns' – @ 8pm, Ch 4:

‘In this fourth episode of six, Alice Roberts explores Norwich, notable not just for being Alan Partridge’s stamping ground, but for being Britain’s most Tudor city. Here, she finds out just how grievous religious intolerance could be, and discovers the surprising origins of Norwich City FC’s canary mascot'.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:27 am

Will keep an eye out for that on DVD ;

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm

kerch wrote:Will keep an eye out for that on DVD ;
If I see anything about a DVD, I'll post it on here. Meanwhile, here's a link to the EDP's article about the Norwich programme:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/going-out/britai ... -1-5455875

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Thank-you Trigger

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 am

Trigger wrote:Just in case this is of interest - tonight's edition of 'Britain’s Most Historic Towns' – @ 8pm, Ch 4:
I watched the programme Trigger and thought they got the mix of entertainment and education just about right.
My Flickr pictures look here

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:02 am

Mel wrote:

I watched the programme Trigger and thought they got the mix of entertainment and education just about right.
I've recorded it - so I can view it a bit at a time! :roll: I did do a bit of channel-hopping during the boring bits of the that I was 'officially' watching! :D

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 am

The final of 'Young Musician of the Year' was on last night and what a treat. Having followed the earlier rounds of the competition and was frankly amazed at the talent of the young musicians taking part I was eagerly looking forward to last night's final. And it didn't disappoint. The three finalist a cellist, a pianist and a saxophonist all had to play a concerto with a full orchestra and what a show they put on.

How the judges could decide who would win I don't know (although I am glad they picked my favourite :) ). In my mind the youngsters were all winners.

The final can be seen on the BBC iPlayer so I won't mention who won...watch it and see if you can pick the winner! 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 am

You didn’t mention it Mel, but Trigger has ‘revealed all’ in the local news topic. :cry: :|
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm

I’ve been watching the series ‘Judge Rinder’s Crime Stories” and I’ve found them very interesting. He reviews some of Britain’s most shocking crimes using witness accounts and drama reconstructions. This is shown daily on ITV @ 2pm – the series started Monday,14th May. Each programme covers two separate cases. Today’s first case was that of Adele Bellis which happened in this town.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:34 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the three-part series on BBC1 on Sundays which ended tonight entitled 'A Very British Scandal', about the Jeremy Thorpe - Norman Scott affair in the 1960's/70's. If ever there was a miscarriage of justice - 'in reverse' so to speak - that was IT. Even the judge in the case was obviously biased.
Full marks go to Hugh Grant for his excellent portrayal of Jeremy Thorpe.

It will be interesting to see if anything becomes of the recently reported article about the hit-man Andrew Newton.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Full marks go to Hugh Grant for his excellent portrayal of Jeremy Thorpe.
After watching him in 'A Very English Scandal' I can't help wondering what might have been if he'd taken on more serious roles like this earlier in his career. He certainly surprised me, I didn't think he had it in him. Just a thought, was this his first acting role on the small screen?
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Apparently not, Dave, although very few and which seem to go back to his early days. IMDB

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

last night watched "Last Vegas
Myself and the wife laughed all the way through at the way the cast portrayed four "old guys" that were once a "gang" when young.
De Niro , Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline looked their age in dark clothing but it shaved years off when they wore brighter garments, Michael Douglas ! well he looked like he had been under the knife and seemed to stay the same age in whatever he wore.
the story line was in my view funny and great, it has been one of the best films Ive seen for a while but then it had so many great actors who seemed to be bouncing off each other like it was actually their real life story's
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:28 pm

There's not a lot to chose from on French T.V at the moment and it's going to get worse once the football gets started (not a fan no matter who's playing)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Surely there must be numerous other channels that won't be showing the World Cup, kerch.