The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 24th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 2nd May 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by Karen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I'm not a fan of awards shows at all. The only thing that interests me about them is seeing what people wear. I didn't watch the Grammy last night, but did see a pre-Grammy interview show and some clips of it this morning. A lot of them looked ridiculous. I have never liked Madonna, her music or anything about her. I thought she looked silly last night and it's funny how she's lost her fake British accent now :roll:

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm going to watch Endeavour renamed for French TV as" Les enquetes de Morse".Interesting to watch it in french .

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

I can't stand award shows its just full of a lot of pretentious people Afraid I don't like Madonna saw a clip with Pink coming down upside down from the ceiling and thought it all looked very silly
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Mel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:24 pm

kerch wrote:I'm going to watch Endeavour renamed for French TV as" Les enquetes de Morse". .
I hope you enjoy 'Les enquetes de Morse' Kerch I certainly enjoyed the Endeavour episodes. Was a big fan of 'Morse' and the follow on 'Lewis'. I thought all these three programmes were well written and well acted and I think we could do with more of these well produced programmes on our TV's.
My Flickr pictures look here

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Some people here will be watching the super bowl. I hate football and call the NFL NF Hell. Downtown Abbey will be what's on at my house. Got a new tv coming soon. I bought a 46" Samsung. I still have to get a nice console to set it on though, but have had a look around and have seen what I want. I'm having the tv delivered so that they can haul away the old one. Kind of sad to see it go, but it's 25 years old, so I guess a bit of an antique now by tv standards lol.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 pm

I've got Endeavour on DVD and enjoyed it very much .Watched the french version out of curiosity, loses something in translation .Lewis is on now ,I've never seen it in English so can't compare the two.There's too many police series that are nothing more than bang -bangs and car chases and not much of a story .

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Just watching a programme about older women with young (very young) partners One 78 with a 39 year old chap

Hope for me yet LOL
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Just watched a programme called 'Tough new teachers' apparently this is a government initiative to fast track young people ito teaching positions in the classroom (probably a cheap alternative to an older teacher) Well its scary first they all looked as if they should still be in nappies, their inability to control the class was totally worrying, but when it came to a sex ed class and just prior the young lady and young man taking it were asking each other where certain body parts were, I really freaked out I m sure if they had asked the class they would have told them

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Did anyone here watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics last night? I liked seeing the athletes from around the world walk into the stadium and seeing their outfits. I thought the US team's outfits were just awful. Looked like they were going to an Ugly Christmas sweater party! Way too busy. I thought Ireland's were almost as bad. Dreadful, drab olive green camouflage color. Other than that, I thought it was kind of a bore and had to do some channel surfing. The London opening ceremony on the other hand, was MUCH better.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I watched Torvil and Dean last night,it was all about when they won their Gold Medal whilst skating to the music Bolero. I remember watching it at the time which was a few years ago now and thought it was fantastic then and still do. Makes one proud to be British.
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 pm

We also watched that SB. It is being repeated tonight at 8pm on BBC2.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:38 pm

I watched the programme on Friday - I always felt that they always interpreted so well the music they skated to. I enjoyed hearing some of the “behind-the-scenes” stories! Of Chris’ little superstition of always having the skate’s blade guards left in a certain way before going on the ice. And also liked it when Jayne said that after the completion they had to go to be drug tested and give a sample; then Chris’ adding that for him, being dehydrated, it took a while! But, a most interesting programme.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Suffolkboy wrote:I watched Torvil and Dean last nigh....
It seems a few of us watched that programme Suffolkboy, and like you all I enjoyed it very much too. A superb performance.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Mel, I really enjoyed the Torvil and Dean replay of their Gold Medal performance,however I just cannot get into these Winter olympics not even the down hill skiing which at one time we used to watch every Sunday night - a few years ago. Perhaps that was the answer,I was much younger so looks like I am changing to a miserable old sxd cyclops :mrgreen:
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Suffolkboy wrote:.....so looks like I am changing to a miserable old sxd cyclops :mrgreen:
That is probably one of the only plus points of getting older...getting grumpy and miserable is great, so embrace it Suffolkboy :D

I am not a big fan of winter sports, never have been Suffolkboy.Some of the ice-skating and ski-ing is fine but the curling and snowboarding (although I apppreciate the skill involved) is not my cup of tea.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Watched some of the ice skating last evening - found it whilst “channel hopping”! The Japanese couple were on - dancing a dramatic piece - the middle section of their music was from Prokofiev’s “Romeo & Juliet” - “The Dance of the Knights”. The others were from Canada, Russia and USA. Brilliant skating from the Russians

Think I’d quite like to have a go at the Bobsleigh Run! Image
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking