The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

What We've Watched On TV...

Post by Mel » Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 am

Watched The Dam Busters yesterday afternoon on Channel 5 starring Michael Redgrave and Richard Todd. Most enjoyable film and a fantastic story of the ingenuity and bravery of our inventors and servicemen during the Second World War.

A fact based story filmed in black and white in 1954 and a great advert for British movies. Loved the special effects of the German flak aimed at our bombers and the dams collapsing, compared to today's computer generated effects it certainly looked amateurish but I imagine it was state of the art for 1954. Also smiled at the squadron leader's (Guy Gibson played by Richard Todd) dog who had a very non PC name…wouldn't get away with that today :)
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by funkychick » Sun May 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Anyone watch Eurovision? I cant stand it but the grandkids loved it so had to watch Poor Bonnie Tyler with her frozen face ( even my 10 yr old gr-daughter said 'Nana do you think she's had plastic surgery on her face) why do we keep picking old timers to sing? I loved Greece's entry and also Ireland who came last Just goes to show I haven't got a clue Didn't think the winner stood, out - well for me anyway
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 19, 2013 2:58 pm

We watched it FC. Liked the Russian entry best - nice ballad although I don't know what she was singing about. :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun May 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Silly question time who did win please ?

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Denmark.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:21 pm

It's Sunday night, and that means Downton Abbey is on for me.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:33 pm

We have a new series dramatisation of the The Three Musketeers (named 'The Musketeers') which started tonight at 9-pm on BBC1. It's a clash with 'Mr. Selfridge' on ITV1 but that has never appealed to me.

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 pm

boatbuilder wrote:We have a new series dramatisation of the The Three Musketeers (named 'The Musketeers') which started tonight at 9-pm on BBC1. It's a clash with 'Mr. Selfridge' on ITV1 but that has never appealed to me.
When Mr. Selfridge started here last year, I tried to get into it, but just couldn't. Didn't care for the characters in theshow at all. For me, it was a let down after watching Downton Abbey, with it's great storyline and wonderful characters.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 pm

I never watched Mr Selfridge anyway, Karen. The trailers that ITV showed night after night for about a week before it originally started the first series were enough to put me off. Even if there was nothing else on any of the hundreds of other channels I wouldn't have watched it. I've also got hundreds of DVD's to choose from anyway.

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:19 pm

I didn't like Mr Selfridge at first but did like it the more I watched it.Downtown Abbey tonight.We also like Doc Martin on Thursdays even though we watched the last series shown before the one that is on now!!!

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Watched the first episode of “The Three Musketeers” - and methinks I can enjoy this one - as long you don’t take it too seriously. Good to see the new Dr Who in it - Peter Capaldi - the one who doesn’t make ice cream! :lol:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Last night I stayed up and watched the movie, The Help. I think it was an Oscar winner a couple of years or so ago. I thought it was really good.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:37 pm

its brilliant Karen and the book is well worth reading too
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 pm

funkychick wrote:its brilliant Karen and the book is well worth reading too
I haven't read the book, but will have a look for it. Books are usually better than the movie.

Karen
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Karen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm not a fan of awards shows at all. The only thing that interests me about them is seeing what people wear. I didn't watch the Grammy last night, but did see a pre-Grammy interview show and some clips of it this morning. A lot of them looked ridiculous. I have never liked Madonna, her music or anything about her. I thought she looked silly last night and it's funny how she's lost her fake British accent now :roll: