The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

What We've Watched On TV...

Discuss Cinema, Theatre, Shows, Music, Games and all forms of media and entertainment here.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: What We've Watched On TV...

Post by funkychick » Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Anyone watching a The Trial I m really enjoying it
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 pm

This evening watched a movie called Closed Circuit that was shown on Film 4 a few days ago. Rather controversial right now as it is about terrorist activity, however I found it very interesting to see how a 'terrorist' could possibly be a patsy for the security services in order to catch more terrorists, and how they hang him out to dry when the operation goes wrong. Literally in this story... in order to stop him testifying he is found hung from cell bars. Obviously fiction, as I'm sure our own security services and the police would never consider breaking the law for their own ends...

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Mel » Sun May 28, 2017 7:28 am

Once more the BBC proved that they do sport better than any of the other channels. I am talking about yesterday's FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Chelsea. The build up, with some humorous looks at football over the years, the football pundits were knowledgeable without getting to full of themselves (which often happens I believe) all made for good television; leading up to a very good game.

As a neutral with a slight (large :) ) bias against one of the teams I was just hoping for a good game and neither team disappointed. Admittedly Chelsea were not at their best but a lot of that was because Arsenal didn't let them play. All in all a good FA Cup final afternoon, one player let the sides down by cheating (diving in the box) but he got punished by being sent off...let us hope this type of play gets punished more severely next season...but apart from that, great entertainment from both sides; so well done to the teams and the BBC.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 am

I only watched the match as I must admit these days i can't be bothered with all the prematch hype that's thrown at us. I'm glad Arsenal won the match as I think Arsene Wenger has taken more than his fair share of unwarranted criticism this season and has handled it with great decorum. Hopefully this week will see something positive happen for him.

As far as diving is concerned I raised a couple of points on the proposed handling of it here
viewtopic.php?f=19&p=68198#p68177
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:04 am

A programme that I strongly recommend - “Gogglesprogs” which is on Channel 4 @ 8pm this Friday. Here's a link to a review, published last year about the programme:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ise-honest -
and notice the kids comments about Donald Trump!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:24 am

Trigger wrote:A programme that I strongly recommend - “Gogglesprogs” which is on Channel 4 @ 8pm this Friday.
I was a fan of the original 'Gogglebox' for a while Trigger, it made me laugh for a time but like a lot of similar programmes I think the makers made to many series and quite frankly in my opinion it became boring. "Gogglesprogs" sounds like a good idea, I can remember watching a programme about young children in a nursery with hidden cameras and some of the things the kids said and some of their actions were very amusing, so I imagine this "Gogglesprogs" will be similar...kids do say some funny things.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Just watched the latest episode of Hollyoaks on E4. They have just started a storyline about Nancy, who suffers from MS, discussing putting plans in place to end her own life when she cannot cope in the future, and already has caused a major argument between Nancy and her husband, Darren. It's struck a chord with me, as this happened in our family 10+ years ago, and caused major family arguments. It may be a soap, and therefore be 'below' many people on here, but the fact is that soaps often cover stories and points of view that are relatable. They even sometimes provide helpful advice.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:02 am

I have just started to watch the Game of Thrones, on the box set got for me *by me* for either my birthday/fathers day/that one in December or as I have said because I am a great guy and deserve a treat now and then.

So far I'm enjoying it apart from the 50 million questions about who what where and why oh and the Oh I see why you wanted this ! from SWMBO :o :lol: :roll:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:13 am

You're going to have to treat yourself to Series 7 (the final series) when it is released, nikkai. It is being shown on SKY from July.

Did you notice the Maltese landmark - Azure Window - in one of the early episodes of series one that was destroyed in a storm earlier this year?

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm a bit slow and keep re-watching the episodes as there a things going on that you(I ) miss the first time watching (and no its not the sex bits, though they are quite err eye catching) :lol:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm

nikkai wrote:I'm a bit slow and keep re-watching the episodes as there a things going on that you(I ) miss the first time watching (and no its not the sex bits, though they are quite err eye catching) :lol:
:think: Hmmm! I'll believe you, thousands mightn't though. :lol:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:44 am

nikkai wrote:.....there a things going on that you(I ) miss the first time watching (and no its not the sex bits, though they are quite err eye catching) :lol:
I haven't ever watched Game of Thrones Nikkai, after your recommendation maybe I will give it a go ;) :)

One programme I have been watching is Cardinal, a detective programme from Canada. Another crime noir series BBC4 has picked up for its Saturday night spot. A good pick too, strong multi-layered storyline when you are not to sure of who the 'good cop' is, a serial killer on the loose and a backdrop of a small Canadian town during the winter months. Six episodes with the BBC showing two a week, final episodes next week, roll on Saturday 8-)

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 am

Anyone watching Fearless, or The Loch
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am

Watched Fearless last night - looks like it could be a good series. Have got Loch recorded but not yet watched.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Currently watching the following program on BBC2 which happened to be filming at the time of the Westminister Bridge/Parliament terrorist attack in March.
Hospital.JPG

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 am

I m really enjoying The Loch (very gory) and Broken is an excellent drama but haven't found Fearless to live up to my expectations so not enjoying it as much