The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Anagrams and other Trivia

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Anagrams and other Trivia

Post by Dave » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

boatbuilder wrote:If TWENTYNINE is written out (without the hyphen), what property does it have that no other number has?
What's the answer, please, boatbuilder, Google is no help at all? :think: :D
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Anagrams and other Trivia

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 pm

I'd forgotten all about this one, Dave. Here is the answer:

It's number 29 and it's written in words as shown using 29 straight lines:

T = 2
W = 4
E = 4
N = 3
T = 2
Y = 3
N = 3
I = 1
N = 3
E = 4

NOTE: I took this from another forum, however somebody might say that the 'I' is written with 3 not 1 straight lines if you include the tiny 'bits' on the top and bottom of it. On the forum in question, the letter 'I' actually appears as 'l' without them 'bits', so I guess it's down to the font style used on there which is different from on here. I have only just noticed this difference.
29a.JPG
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget