The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Jokes "doing the rounds"

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Jokes doing "the rounds"

Post by boatbuilder » Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 am

Latest post of the previous page:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Which country’s capital is the fastest growing?

Ireland’s. 

Every year it’s Dublin.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue May 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Vegans believe meat eaters and butchers are gross.

But those who sell you fruits and vegetables are grocer.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

As Gerry and the Pacemakers sang - I Like it! :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Once upon a time, a blonde became so sick of hearing blonde jokes that she had her hair cut and dyed brown.
A few days later, as she was out driving around the countryside, she stopped her car to let a flock of sheep pass. Admiring the cute woolly creatures, she said to the shepherd, "If I can guess how many sheep you have, can I take one?" The shepherd, always the gentleman, said, "Sure!"
The blonde thought for a moment and, for no discernible reason, said, "352." This being the correct number, the shepherd was, understandably, totally amazed, and exclaimed, "You're right! OK, I'll keep to my end of the deal. Take your pick of my flock."
The blonde carefully considered the entire flock and finally picked the one that was by far cuter and more playful than any of the others.
When she was done, the shepherd turned to her and said, "OK, now I have a proposition for you. If I can guess your true hair color, can I have my dog back?"
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat May 19, 2018 12:00 am

A slice of apple pie is £2.50 in Jamaica and £3 in the Bahamas. They are the pie rates of the Caribbean.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat May 19, 2018 11:54 pm

If you ever get cold, just stand in the corner of a room for a while. They're normally around 90 degrees.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat May 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!" The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Bob has been missing since Friday.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 am

Love it - and I bet it was even faster than 6 seconds. :lol:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu May 24, 2018 11:28 pm

I asked a Chinese girl for her number. She said, "Sex! Sex! Sex! Free sex tonight!" I said, "Wow!" Then her friend said, "She means 666-3629."

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu May 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Judging by her area code, she must have had the devil in her, Dave. :D

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 am

Before her fourth wedding, an old lady was asked about her husbands. She said her first had been a banker, her second a circus ringmaster, her third a preacher and her husband-to-be was a funeral director.
“I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and the fourth to go.”
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:23 am

A man goes to the doctor and says: 'Doctor, there's a piece of lettuce sticking out of my bottom.' The doctor asks him to drop his trousers and examines him. The man asks: 'Is it serious, doctor?' and the doctor replies: 'I'm sorry to tell you, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.'

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:26 am

When NASA started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work at zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that wrote at zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C. The Russians used a pencil.

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:39 am

Dave wrote:When NASA started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work at zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that wrote at zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C. The Russians used a pencil.
I will just leave this here https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-write-stuff/
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:05 pm

morty1753 wrote:
Dave wrote:When NASA started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work at zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that wrote at zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C. The Russians used a pencil.
I will just leave this here https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-write-stuff/
Maybe you'd like to treat yourselves to one - although how you prove to yourself it works in ALL the stated conditions remains to be seen. :D

Fisher Space Pen on Amazon

(Note: the extreme temperature specifications are not quite what is stated in the 'snopes' link)