The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Re: They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Post by Dave » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:46 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Sammy Davis Jr. 'I gotta Be Me'.

If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Re: They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:37 pm

I heard Gilbert O'Sullivan's name mentioned on the radio recently and realised I'd forgotten all about him. Listening to his songs on YouTube I was amazed at how many of his songs I remembered and how good they were and still are. 'Alone Again', 'Matrimony', 'Get Down', 'Why Oh Why Oh Why', 'Nothing Rhymed', 'What's In A Kiss', 'Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day' and 'Clair' to mention a few. What a shame that, as he said in an interview I read, a song as beautiful as 'Clair' would never be written today as it is about an older man and a little girl.

If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.